Is Paypal working for you?

indy1811

Skilled
I'm having a strange issue with Paypal for the last couple of days. I tried making a payment to a vendor but got an error message stating that the transaction was denied by the card issuer (Citibank - Visa). I tried with another payment method from a different bank (Federal Bank - Mastercard) and got the same message.

I called up Paypal support and they told me that the transaction was declined due to error code 51 which is generally shown when there is a shortage of funds in the account. I have no such problem using the same card on other sites. Anyone faced a similar issue before? How did you solve it?[DOUBLEPOST=1538461054][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone willing to help out? I need to transfer around Rs.500 to a vendor

Last edited:
Well, i Think there is some update in [aypal policy or bank policy. For me sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, So my guess is it comes down to wither whom you are sending, which bank account CC you are using and well for what you are paying. Just my gueses though.

Had issues with my SBI card. Works with Kotak card. The thing,I think is its the govt that's enforcing this to curb use of forex.

Unfortunately things like this happen from time to time. The problem is that customers are usually not informed if there is a problem inside the system. There is no other way than to turn either to a bank or to paypal and seek for an explanation

Back