Android Is Samsung's KNOX even a thing?

Fellas,

My bro wishes to purchase a Samsung M series phone, M21 or M51 etc. and he is worried about that KNOX security thing. I mean that how on M21 and cheaper devices it comes with partial or no KNOX but on higher end models it comes with full version of KNOX and so on. I am asking all of you whether it's even a deciding factor to choose a Samsung phone, as in does it actually provide any security at all or total fuss like their piece of crap OneUI?

Please advise.

Fellas,

My bro wishes to purchase a Samsung M series phone, M21 or M51 etc. and he is worried about that KNOX security thing. I mean that how on M21 and cheaper devices it comes with partial or no KNOX but on higher end models it comes with full version of KNOX and so on. I am asking all of you whether it's even a deciding factor to choose a Samsung phone, as in does it actually provide any security at all or total fuss like their piece of crap OneUI?

Please advise.
https://www.samsungknox.com/en/knox-platform/supported-devices
Post automatically merged:

Get Samsung Knox for Free from here by registering by using a Yahoo mail id as it is not accepting Gmail id.
Here:https://www.samsung.com/in/business/mobile-solutions/knox-solutions/

Last edited:
Knox doesn't matter at all. What matters more is OneUI. As someone who has used several phones (I also review use cases for a media company) I find OneUI to be a good. It was once that it was not so great, but now, I can comfidently say that it paves the way for future android features.

For the past 3 iterations of android, the features added to the OS are things that have been baked into OneUI for at least 18 months before.

To answer your question: Knox doesn't matter one bit. It stays out of the way. If OneUI is a pain, then, you should probably get something else, because OneUI doesn't stay out of the way even with a custom launcher!

Using s9 and s9+ . One ui is good for my needs , I also have a Nokia 6.1 & 6.1+ android one and Mi max2 and mi5 miui .
I find one ui better than miui . Cannot compare to stock android as that is a bare bones and lightweight ui .
I use samsung goodlock ( samsung' s own one ui customisable tool ) . It has loads of customisation options and makes the one ui experience even better.
S9 & s9+ and Nokia 6.1 & 6.1+ are on latest android 10 and sept and aug 2020 security patches.
Miui for mi max 2 never upgraded my android version (7.1) .

https://www.samsungknox.com/en/knox-platform/supported-devices
Post automatically merged:

Get Samsung Knox for Free from here by registering by using a Yahoo mail id as it is not accepting Gmail id.
Here:https://www.samsung.com/in/business/mobile-solutions/knox-solutions/
So one using a non-KNOX-compatible Samsung device like M series can install KNOX with this method then?

Thanks to everyone else. So the nutshell is, KNOX doesn't matter right? It doesn't provide any security and one shouldn't purchase a Samsung based on KNOX?

So one using a non-KNOX-compatible Samsung device like M series can install KNOX with this method then?

Thanks to everyone else. So the nutshell is, KNOX doesn't matter right? It doesn't provide any security and one shouldn't purchase a Samsung based on KNOX?
Yes. It doesn't. No point installing it. It will not give you the full functionality anyway.

I am using S10, I would say after coming to OneUI platform, things significantly changed for samsung. What used to be a buggy and bloatware based UI is much more streamlined and smooth.
Now coming to KNOX,I would say you won't recognize it is doing much as per your everyday usage, it's just that built-in feature you sleep onto. Definitely things like secure folder etc. are there which are pretty decent when it comes to privacy and security.

Now coming to KNOX,I would say you won't recognize it is doing much as per your everyday usage, it's just that built-in feature you sleep onto. Definitely things like secure folder etc. are there which are pretty decent when it comes to privacy and security.
Talking about secure folders and other stuffs, can it be replicated with any good third party apps from Play Store?

Talking about secure folders and other stuffs, can it be replicated with any good third party apps from Play Store?
If you use OneDrive, you will have a Personal Vault for storing any sensitive files. You can also look at some good file manager apps. Solid Explorer by neatbytes is a good one, and inexpensive too! There is a trial version that is fully functional, IIRC.

One of the biggest benefit of Knox is the separation of "Work" and "Personal" content. If you use your phone for office work and your company requires a managed device similar to intune then "Knox" will create a separate containers to host "work" apps. In short your company will not have access to your personal content. There are other software and hardware security features but they are very obscure and hard to find information about. Having knox is a plus but it need not be deciding factor unless you want more separation between work and personal content.

Back