Is SIT pune good??

Hello Everyone

I have recently cleared my class 12th exam and had been qualified for AIEEE (not too good rank)

While browsing, I came across Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune; engineering college run under Symbiosis International Deemed University...

Seeing the score for AIEEE they need, I can get into it.. however before filling the form I am looking out for the feedback for the college...

Though, the name attached to it, i.e. symbiosis itself forms a good image in mind. but their stats are not very clear when taking about Placement etc...
the site is also not very informative

So, pune wasi or anyone else who has information about the college, please roll your comments in..
Is it worth going there and do they have good placement records (their fees is also in huge figures, 1.6L per annum)

Thanxx in Advance...

When it comes to Symbiosis you get two things for sure - Higher fees and great chics! :p

Regarding your original query, the college is pretty new and doesn't have that good reputation in terms of placement. Its MBA college has great reputation but not the engineering college yet. However, I think by time you graduate it will have pretty good placement scenario considering they are trying everything to increase placements. Recession had hit placement scenes almost on all campuses in Pune.

One more point, it has great infrastructure so the fees that you pay is spent well for sure. Other colleges too charge quite hefty amount ranging from 40k lowest to 90k! (Just tuition fees).

^LOL ladies hate mechanical. We had 3 in our batch during the first year and 2 of them managed to jump to IT after the second semester. :rofl:

I would not recommend it, at first looking at the title I assumed u were talking about Sinhagad Institute, but symboisis a strict no for engg its pretty new :p
See if u can get through Shahu college, believe me its a very good college,placements have been good last 2 yrs and teaching is much better , many of my friends were der.

dipen01 said:
IMO, Skip it..

Rankings of Engg coll in Pune :

COEP

PICT

VIT, MIT

Sinhagad
COEP won't be an option for him since he is not from Maharashtra.

And don't even think of VIT! After it became autonomous, it F***ed up the syllabus and exams! Students just never fail and don't even have to give all exams to get passed! Besides now you would get a B.Tech degree from VIT and not directly from Pune University. (though it would mention under PU somewhere!)

What's your AIEEE all india ranking btw? Since all colleges have 15% AIEEE quota, you can surely try for colleges like MIT COE (MIT's sister college) or kashibai navale (Sinhagad's sister college). They too have pretty good placement scenario.

Sorry for late reply.. somehow the thread got closed... Finally plea to mod opened it...

BTW, want to know how can I get admission in MIT pune... their website state that we do take trough AIEEE, however no information about procedure for admission through AIEEE, score required is given.. Can anyone drop info about it...

ashvarybabul said:
Sorry for late reply.. somehow the thread got closed... Finally plea to mod opened it...

BTW, want to know how can I get admission in MIT pune... their website state that we do take trough AIEEE, however no information about procedure for admission through AIEEE, score required is given.. Can anyone drop info about it...
ALL Pune university affiliated private colleges have AIEEE quota (15% all India level without any caste reservation and all). So you can apply to almost all colleges in Pune except COEP and deemed universities. MIT Pune will be quite competitive since 15% would mean only 8 seats on an average. If you have pretty good AIEEE all-india ranking, then surely you can go ahead with MIT Pune. Else I would suggest try for MIT COE (sister college of MIT) which is in the SAME campus!

Regarding admission process, you will have to fill a CAP form (Common admission Process) and submit at any of the allocated centers in Maharashtra. The form is to be filled online and submitted at the center along with a copy of your other documents like 10th and 12th marksheets, domicile certificate, nationality certificate, leaving certificate etc. You will also have to bring your original with you for verification at the center.

Then a provisional merit list will be displayed and you will get a merit number based upon your AIEEE ranking. AFTER that you fill another form (online again) to enter your preference for colleges in Pune. The process is quite long and will take around 2 months to get completed. Download the cut off of AIEEE from DTE.org.in to get an idea of last years cut off marks. That however might not be much beneficial as AIEEE's total varies each year but still you can get an idea :)

If you need more info feel free to PM me. I have been doing this since past 2 years for various friends and relatives so know pretty much everything about it :p

Thanxx a lot amol for the info...

Would look out for the CAP form...

Well, dont know how reliable guess could be made through AIEEE score.. last year eligibility cutoff (yardstick) for general was 100... this year it went 55....

ashvarybabul said:
Thanxx a lot amol for the info...

Would look out for the CAP form...

Well, dont know how reliable guess could be made through AIEEE score.. last year eligibility cutoff (yardstick) for general was 100... this year it went 55....

Replied your PM. Btw forgot to mention, by cut off I meant college cut off for AIEEE and not cut off for qualifying AIEEE :)

IsquareIT Pune is an excellent pick for higher education and research.... admissions open, Hurry!

The International Institute of Information Technology Pune or Isquareit Pune is located at the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, Hinjawadi in Pune. I2IT Pune is a recognized research center for Ph.D in Electronics & Telecom, Computer Engineering and Information Technology of University of Pune & Devi Ahilyabai Vishwa Vidhyalaya (DAVV), Indore. It is a center of higher studies in the field of Information Technology. I2IT Pune is situated close to the offices of top IT companies, like Infosys, Wipro, Tata Technologies and Cognizant.

Isquareit Pune was founded by Mr. Pralhad P. Chhabria who is a well-known industrialist as well as philanthropist and is also the Chairman of the Finolex Group of Companies, and Mr. Kishan P. Chhabria, Managing Director of Finolex Industries Ltd. Isquareit Pune was dedicated to nation by Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, the then President of India in the year 2003.

Affiliated to: International Institute of Information Technology Pune

Courses:

Post Graduate:
School Of Management

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Business Management (APGP-BM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Information Technology Management (APGP-ITM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Telecom Management (APGP-TCM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Biotech Management (APGP-BTM)

School Of Engineering Technology

M.Tech in Computational Fluid Dynamics (M.Tech-CFD) (in association with UPES, Dehradun)

M.Tech in Oil & Gas Engineering (M.Tech-OGE) (in association with UPES, Dehradun)

MBA in Oil & Gas Management (MBA-OGM) (in association with UPES, Dehradun)

Advanced Post Graduate Programmes:

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Software Technologies (APGP-ST)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Networking & Telecommunications (APGP-NTC)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Embedded Systems Design (APGP-ESD)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Microelectronics & VLSI Design (APGP-MVD)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Biotechnology (APGP-BT)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology (APGP-NST)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Intelligent Systems & Robotics (APGP-ISR)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Business Management (APGP-BM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Information Technology Management (APGP-ITM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Telecom Management (APGP-TCM)

Advanced Postgraduate Program in Biotech Management (APGP-BTM)

M Tech, MBA

Doctorate:

Offered

Eligibility:

Post Graduate:

ME / M Tech

The candidate should have done his or her Higher Secondary Examination and Bachelor?s degree in the relevant subject with adequate marks.

MBA

The candidate should have cleared Bachelor?s degree with relevant subject with minimum 50% of marks from any recognized University.

Doctorate:

Master' degree in any relevant field is necessary to be eligible for this Doctorate course.

Admission Procedure:

Post Graduate:

ME / M Tech

The admission is based on the Online Entrance test which is held by the institute or the candidate?s scores in the CET/ ATMA / CAT / GATE / MAT / GMAT / GRE / XAT written test and the personal interview, if necessary.

MBA

Online entrance test is taken out or the candidates? scores in the CET/ ATMA / CAT / GATE / MAT / GMAT / GRE / XAT written test and personal interview as necessary for the admission in this program.

Entrance Test: CAT Exam, ATMA Exam, GATE, MAT Exam, XAT Exam

Doctorate:

The admission process is on the basis of the entrance test and personal interview of the candidate.

Facilities:

Sports

Placements

Digital library

High tech gymnasium

Cultural activities

Contact Address:

Isquareit Pune

P-14, Pune InfoTech Park Phase - 1,

Hinjawadi

Pune - 411 057

Maharashtra

Phone: +91-20-22933441

Fax: +91-20-22934192

Email: info@isquareit.ac.in

Website: IsquareIT, SOET,PG courses in Computational Fluid Dynamics, MBA Oil & Gas, MBA Petroleum Management,MBA Oil & Gas management,CFD courses in India

Back