Graphic Cards Is the Radeon HD6850 still relevant for gaming at 900p (1600x900)?

Mechanic

Skilled
The Sapphire radeon HD6850 on my PC turned 3 years old today and its still going strong despite its age.
In part due to regular cleaning (once every year) and a generous undervolt at stock clocks for lower temps.

however the advent of the value GCN cards like HD7790/r7 260x and r9 270 are making me feel fidgety.

so my question to you is is there any real reason to upgrade to the next gen to keep gaming at my target/native res of 900p for the next year?

My target/native resolution is 1600x900
PSU Corsair VX450
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 635 (on a generous undervolt and a minor 300MHz overclock, so basically a AthII650)

I recently upgraded from a HD 5850 to a GTX 760. While the newer games look very pretty now with all the effects turned on and anti aliasing added, my 5850 could run almost everything at acceptable frame rates(20-30) on 1920*1080. I would have kept it for another year if only it didn't start to die on me. So if you are happy with how your games look and play there is no real reason to upgrade.

Having said that, the games sure look very pretty now, and it feel much better to play on a high fps without having turn down everything to medium/low.

I recently upgraded from a HD 5850 to a GTX 760. While the newer games look very pretty now with all the effects turned on and anti aliasing added, my 5850 could run almost everything at acceptable frame rates(20-30) on 1920*1080. I would have kept it for another year if only it didn't start to die on me. So if you are happy with how your games look and play there is no real reason to upgrade.

Having said that, the games sure look very pretty now, and it feel much better to play on a high fps without having turn down everything to medium/low.
Thanks mate,
how old was your 5850?
is your native res is 1080p?

My 5850 was almost 4 years old. It got sick after 3 years, got it RMAd, the replacement was not very stable either. Gave three BSODs in the new year and I said fk it and got the new card. Yes, my native resolution is 1080p.

Back