Is there a way to disable operator messages?

6pack

ex-Mod
For some reason suddenly, I'm getting Class 0 messages about data remaining on my Internet plan from Idea every few minutes. This thing is driving me nuts. I've disabled everything - mobile data, operator messages in sim settings, emergency broadcasts etc.

I was using Google messages and it would blank out the entire screen on top of everything - including during phone calls & would not go away till I cancelled it. I went back to default MI messages and it stopped for some time and again started now. Now it does not blank the entire screen but just shows up as a pop up with cancel and save buttons.

I thought something must be using the data for it to send these messages, but with only wifi on, why is this still happening?
I even tried shutting off wifi and data and not using any internet on the phone and still got the messages. So it would seem that the idiot phone company is just sending these messages every few minutes to induce rage in customers.

Is there a way to block these messages in sim or something? Does Jio send such stupid messages every few minutes too?

I'll port to another operator (except Bsnl, Airtel and Voda) if this madness does not stop.

btw, I wrote about this madness in the Idea app review on Google Play Store and they deleted that review.

No such Idea Flash in my sim toolkit. There was an Idea Fresh, but when I tapped on it, it went to Idea wap website and was showing me some movies etc.

I think I finally disabled it after doing some snooping around in the Android system. It was showing as mms messages in system logs.
So I searched every setting in Messages and finally found one setting - automatically download wap messages hidden somewhere. I disabled it. Haven't got any messages from the operator yet.
If after doing this I still get one more message from them, I will delete the mms apn from the network settings or change its ip address to 127.0.0.1.

post a screenshot here. iirc we had to thinker with settings in SIM tookit app
It wont work.. m8.
File a simple online(preferred offline suite) visiting there premises and it wont happen since next day.

Ask them for queries..

My keyoard wont work for days.. (cant live without same) though..

Deselecting automatically download wap messages stopped the messages from showing up. I'll test and see if the other emergency operator settings being enabled make any difference. Since they didn't have any effect at first, probably leaving them on shouldn't make any difference now.

Back