It is that time, that we stop buying Chinese products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatkats

Skilled
  • It's not about being butt-hurt or sentimental. It's been for years, these folks think very high of themselves and force their high handiness on other countries promoting Silent terrorism in the forms of Human and Bio terrorism.
  • I see many US & Canada Consumers asking for Non-China made products.
  • Why not we Stop buying Chinese products, starting with Tiktok and Smartphones brands first?
  • It's not practically possible , that you avoid Chinese manufactured or assembled products directly, as Apple products does their electronics parts assembly in China.
  • The Infamous Chinese, who are famous for starting World war III Corona virus with the world silently and doing business now at Good pace now.
  • When Consumers start avoiding, Even companies will move away from China and shift to Japan,Korea,India or Thailand. Even many companies selling products in North America are manufacturing in Mexico.

What do you say?

a3GNyV7.jpg

Last edited:
Indo china trade :
Total exports from china to india is merely 3% of total exports by china. Will it make a difference to them no.
Now you tell me total exports to china from india. Will it make a difference to us if china stops buying from us . Yes.
I am seeing that happen in textiles industry.

• It's not about being butt-hurt or sentimental. It's been for years, these folks think very high of themselves and force their high handiness on other countries promoting Silent terrorism in the forms of Human and Bio terrorism.
  • I see many US & Canada Consumers asking for Non-China made products.
  • Why not we Stop buying Chinese products, starting with Tiktok and Smartphones brands first?
  • It's not practically possible , that you avoid Chinese manufactured or assembled products directly, as Apple products does their electronics parts assembly in China.
  • The Infamous Chinese, who are famous for starting World war III Corona virus with the world silently and doing business now at Good pace now.
  • When Consumers start avoiding, Even companies will move away from China and shift to Japan,Korea,India or Thailand. Even many companies selling products in North America are manufacturing in Mexico.

What do you say?

a3GNyV7.jpg

Comment on this before what you think...

Total exports from china to india is merely 3% of total exports by china. Will it make a difference to them no.
This is known fact, I've thought about it.

Instead of just ridiculing, Does it matter?

Can't this be moved to other neighboring countries and encourage products from Japan,Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam or Thailand?

Also, India would be a loser too, 5.3% ($17 billion) of exports are to China, but our imports are higher ($75 billion)

I've read about this. Even my state has made Billion dollars MoU with Chinese companies 2-3 year back.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt if covid was a accident, looks like a well thought out plan. Cause a world pandemic to bring other super powers to their knees, during which strip HK its powers, possibly try some land grabs like from india,bhutan, bully and sink other nation fishing vessels in the sea in south china sea.
If it wasn't for India, bhutan and nepal would have been long taken by the chinese for their silk route.

Not sure if the data of 3% exports includes the lakhs of parcels coming in from china by individual consumers, shopping online every single day. A good portion of it do not have any duties, I myself in the last decade have got such parcels via thousands of orders for my RC related hobby and DIY. Only less then 20 parcels ever got any duties.

So yes as a citizen you don't have to sign up to enlist but you can certainly do your part. I myself will no longer be buying any chinese company owned company products (not to be confused with made in china) I would only buy a chinese owned one if I have no other options left (not because it cheaper) or if the chinese owned company makes whole of its product in india, not like the current assembled in india.

I seriously doubt if covid was a accident, looks like a well thought out plan
+1
Post automatically merged:

Lets assume people dont buy Chineese products. What do you think is going to happen? There are literally very little "made in India" products. Lets take the computer industry. Do you see any motherboards, graphics card, SSDs made in India? The way I see it, the whole f*cking system in India is corrupt and flawed starting with the sh*ty education system. We have insane potential, but we are crippled by the system. I know a lot of people may be able to relate to this.

As an example, lets assume a large corporation like nvidia shifts its entire manufacturing from today in India i.e. use local labour and build components in-house for its computer graphics card. (PS: I would love for this to happen)

Here are few things that come to mind.

Do we have enough skilled workers to build in India? Short answer: No. Do you think the education system in India is good enough? (I am not talking about IIT) I mean look at most of the engineering colleges in India. The quality of the education is crap. A engineer who passed out say electronics/comp engineering is not cut out to work in corporate. Hell, I am a computer grad, my professors dint know jack sh*t. Most of them have zero industry experience and mug up stuff and tell us. It was an utter waste of time and money. Like most of us, all the stuff I learned was by own research or stuff that I learned on field. The point is we do not have a proper education system to back the whole make in India today nor will be have untill this primary issue is fixed.
Exception: Software Sector(All fields). As of today, I believe we have a strong software sector and yes, "made in India" is possible in this field. I am pretty sure if say a large corporate moves their software dev, India would ace without any issue.

Another issue: How easy is it move operations / setup plant in India / Taxes ? Lot of corporates showed interst in having plants in India but later backed out. Example: Tesla wanted to have a factory in India in 2019 and there were talks, vists but nothing happened so far. Back of my head I am thinking, some politican must have asked for stuff under the table. At the same time, Tesla had talks with China, and they immediately agreed and the factory is complete. Today, we do not have that kind of ease of setting up shop in India. This should change first.

Another thing which I am not sure if its true. Any person from WB can confirm. West bengal used to be a huge hub in early 90s for large buisnesses and due to the ruling party there and their issues, many companies shut shop or moved their base to Mumbai? Is that true? If thats the case, this costs money. I mean, why would corporates want to deal with this stuff in India when they can get cheap labour and ease of doing buisness in China? At the end of the day, many Indian politicians only care about filling their pockets. I hope these idiots understand its bigger than themselves.

Last edited:
For those who feel uninstalling Chinese apps would make her fall on her knees....

I don't have any of these apps in my mobile.

About a year back, Had tiktok for about an hour and immediately removed when i saw it showed creepy content without restrictions.

Had tried wechat years back, but removed in few days when i found it useless.

Still, i don't believe in this app-removal game.

To me all this drama appears like taali-thaali-mombatti-dhoopbatti type कर्महीनता (कर्म as in भगवतगीता).

Instead making the Indian population कर्महीन this govt should resolve to support manufacturing and R&D in India without being selfish, that is, without commision-खोरी,

All the points raised by @maj0r are true.

Again, This guy has simplified all the antics of this govt:

The main advantage which China enjoys is cost. They can practically wipe out the competition with its super cheap pricing and after having a monopoly dictate its terms.

Throwing your mobile phones, TV sets from the balcony is not going to do long term damage. We need to bring back companies like BPL, Videocon, Godrej and Tatas, Micromax, Lava with good manufacturing base. (If any one of these is Chinese, ignore it.)

But most importantly, you need to improve your economy and per capita income. So long as we continue to remain poor, the Chinese will always have that advantage.
It's going to be difficult, agreed. China spent more than 30 years to be the "Manufacturing engine of the world." It would take time, but we need to begin somewhere.

Untill then, the circus will continue as usual.

Meanwhile, government decided to give a wristslap to China....

All this talk and strategies mean nothing till our greedy ministers stop thinking in terms of winning the next election and making as much money as possible and start thinking of India in the next 50 years.

People talking on a tech forum has zero value. Our govt and ministers are as short sighted and dim witted as possible. No amount of talking is going to change that. Everyone will forget about soldiers dying in next few weeks and people and companies will start importing Chinese stuff at even more pace once they get money in their bank account.

The ministers/Mla won't change their habit at least in our life time. They will continue to amass wealth for 100 generations.

This is about what we the people can do from our end, just like you can vote out a party, you can vote with your wallet .

BPL,Videocon doesn't make anything in india anymore. Companies that do have gone bankrupt, look at sukam inverters then went bust 2 years back, if you open their inverters/ups you will find the vast majority of the components are indian made, they may be old fashioned components vs SMD components but they worked and where simple to diagnose and fix.

Today the vast majority of the companies in india which claim to make in india are nothing but traders who import stuff and at most assemble them here like Okinawa scooters, VU tv, etc. Some of these traders particularly in tooling and machine industry have made well established made in india brands to shut down or they them self have started re badging.

If we did not had the huge 100% duties on cars, I doubt there would be even a single auto plant in India. Same goes to clothing. Sure it hurts the consumers to pay more but in the long term it will force manufactures to set shop in India.

I am person who used to say people to buy tvs in the grey market, I used to make thousands of orders from chinese websites. The chinese virus showed how much the world depended on the chinese, the huge increase in shipping cost in post covid also made me look around further within my city, I had requirement of few parts and I found a CNC/lathe workshop to make the part cheaper then the price of the current shipping options on Aliexpress.

Lets assume people dont buy Chineese products. What do you think is going to happen? There are literally very little "made in India" products. Lets take the computer industry. Do you see any motherboards, graphics card, SSDs made in India? The way I see it, the whole f*cking system in India is corrupt and flawed starting with the sh*ty education system. We have insane potential, but we are crippled by the system. I know a lot of people may be able to relate to this.

As an example, lets assume a large corporation like nvidia shifts its entire manufacturing from today in India i.e. use local labour and build components in-house for its computer graphics card. (PS: I would love for this to happen)

Here are few things that come to mind.

Do we have enough skilled workers to build in India? Short answer: No. Do you think the education system in India is good enough? (I am not talking about IIT) I mean look at most of the engineering colleges in India. The quality of the education is crap. A engineer who passed out say electronics/comp engineering is not cut out to work in corporate. Hell, I am a computer grad, my professors dint know jack sh*t. Most of them have zero industry experience and mug up stuff and tell us. It was an utter waste of time and money. Like most of us, all the stuff I learned was by own research or stuff that I learned on field. The point is we do not have a proper education system to back the whole make in India today nor will be have untill this primary issue is fixed.
Exception: Software Sector(All fields). As of today, I believe we have a strong software sector and yes, "made in India" is possible in this field. I am pretty sure if say a large corporate moves their software dev, India would ace without any issue.

Another issue: How easy is it move operations / setup plant in India / Taxes ? Lot of corporates showed interst in having plants in India but later backed out. Example: Tesla wanted to have a factory in India in 2019 and there were talks, vists but nothing happened so far. Back of my head I am thinking, some politican must have asked for stuff under the table. At the same time, Tesla had talks with China, and they immediately agreed and the factory is complete. Today, we do not have that kind of ease of setting up shop in India. This should change first.

Another thing which I am not sure if its true. Any person from WB can confirm. West bengal used to be a huge hub in early 90s for large buisnesses and due to the ruling party there and their issues, many companies shut shop or moved their base to Mumbai? Is that true? If thats the case, this costs money. I mean, why would corporates want to deal with this stuff in India when they can get cheap labour and ease of doing buisness in China? At the end of the day, many Indian politicians only care about filling their pockets. I hope these idiots understand its bigger than themselves.
Lets assume people dont buy Chineese products. What do you think is going to happen? There are literally very little "made in India" products.
Well Rome was not built in a day so once this comes in place automatically. Indian industries will emerge and employment will flourish. Even today if you go to the market, more mad in India items are available. Just last month bought a spike guard though it costed 100 bucks more I was happy to buy it.

Lets take the computer industry. Do you see any motherboards, graphics card, SSDs made in India? The way I see it, the whole f*cking system in India is corrupt and flawed starting with the sh*ty education system. We have insane potential, but we are crippled by the system. I know a lot of people may be able to relate to this.
India is corrupt but if it wants to break china they need to emerge out of this corruption for the nation if they TRULY feel ptriotuc and want to crumble china altogether and a strong reply for their border shitting since decades...
And why just china? See this list. China is just 1 country, majority of them are mfg in Singapore/Malaysia/ few in US.

As an example, lets assume a large corporation like nvidia shifts its entire manufacturing from today in India i.e. use local labor and build components in-house for its computer graphics card. (PS: I would love for this to happen)
Do we have enough skilled workers to build in India? Short answer: No.
Well, do you think skilled labor is born directly from his mothers womb? Nope! They need to be trained and molded. If these tech giants shift their base here obviously they will trains, mold and skill such workers....isnt it?
When you join any co. do hey directly put you in production envi. from first day? No. You have to undergo ojt and training sessions where they introduce you to the project operations and technicalities and you are ready in few months or weeks time to work in prod envi.

Its obvious Rome wasn't built in a day and so these things doesn't happen overnight, it takes time and real time..years to establish, build and operate on full capacity.

Most of so called Indian Brands, too buying spares from China... from Motor, Engine, Compressor, LCD/LED Panel, Screw, Nut-Bolt and lot more.

first we need to set-up industry to make spares for all these industries and slowly slowly remove dependency on China

Note: 3-4 days before bought HDD that Made in Thailand (May be Thailand too buy spare from China, but in such way china start reducing it share of profit form hardware selling)

It is simply not possible to avoid China. China is world's factory. The global supply chain is so intertwined with China that if China decides to stop exports for a month the whole world economy will come crashing. Some of you might remember what happened to companies like hynix and micron when Taiwan had a devastating earth quake. Whole computer industry came to halt as memory was in short supply. Today, China has monopoly on many rare earth metals.

Just try removing ALL Chinese products from any electronic items and see what it would cost? Even the lithium that is required for a mobile battery comes from China (Australia is distant second).

Thus the answer is revolution takes years and when we take matters in our hands on a serious note. China will fall in next 15yrs if the world decidesl if we plan and implement today.

Read this chat log then you will know why our soldiers die - Freenode #india

Jun 16 20:04:07 <veek> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Chinese-forces-disputed-Himalayan-border.html
Jun 16 20:05:11 <MrReader> How many times you will post it
Jun 16 20:05:17 <MrReader> Dailyfail no thanks
Jun 16 20:08:07 <veek> how many times will Indian soldiers get killed because of greedy and self serving Indians
Jun 16 20:08:49 <MrReader> What do you expect Indians to do
Jun 16 20:09:01 <MrReader> Create coronavirus and spread it all over the world?
Jun 16 20:09:12 <MrReader> Your autism is hitting hard
Jun 16 20:09:15 <veek> ZAP_AND_STUDY!!!! Help each other STUDY!
Jun 16 20:09:33 <veek> your name calling shows you for the person you are
Jun 16 20:09:50 <MrReader> Study libtard bullshit which tells you to hate your country?
Jun 16 20:09:54 <MrReader> No thanks
Jun 16 20:10:03 <kabeer> bruh
Jun 16 20:10:16 <MrReader> No, your autism is really affecting you for bad
Jun 16 20:10:28 <veek> at a time of distress when your country needs common sense and a practical approach you abandon your people - pathetic excuse
Jun 16 20:10:56 <MrReader> Like which country?
Jun 16 20:11:38 <MrReader> Stop trolling and substantiate your nonsense
Jun 16 20:11:50 <MrReader> Military is for fighting and dying for the country
Jun 16 20:11:54 <MrReader> They are paid for it
Jun 16 20:14:01 <veek> which is precisely why you don't deserve a country and that is exactly why China will rule India - try buying your freedom with money and see what the CHinese do to you!
Jun 16 20:15:18 <MrReader> Rule with their defective people who are ready to live their dictatorial shithole
Jun 16 20:15:27 <MrReader> Pull out a better joke
Jun 16 20:15:51 <MrReader> Just because your mom is lousy doesn't means whole country should be equated with her
Jun 16 20:15:54 <veek> well that defective people are backed by some Russian slavs
Jun 16 20:16:08 <MrReader> They aren't

Last edited:
These days,, the only way to hurt another country is economically. We have between 40-50 billion of trade deficit with China. Stop buying from them and they will hurt, 80 billion is not a small amount. I do understand that a lot of parts for various products are manufactured in China and not much can be done about that. But stop buying the xiaomis and OP's of the world and definitely stop all government contracts given to chinese corporations and it will hurt them. No more 5g and 4g work for them will be a big blow. Spend your money on products of companies who have helped us through these times. Buy a Tata (or any other car) car instead of MG and the likes. Stop buying crappy products from Aliexpress.....

Sadly, we will always have that section of people whose hatred for one man has manifested into an anti country stand. Please separate the feelings for the government and country and then take a call.

On my part, I have decided that no more new Chinese products at home. basically by next year. We have a few and they will be changed over as and when required. After a long time I have moved back to Samsung from OP, as an example.

This is the direct opposite of what the Americans did.. you will note they bought from China wholeheartedly. (you cannot disconnect your head and do something just because it makes your disconnected thinking easy)

This is the direct opposite of what the Americans did.. you will note they bought from China wholeheartedly. (you cannot disconnect your head and do something just because it makes your disconnected thinking easy)
Meanwhile, on TOI is can be seen Trump is literally begging to China to make him win in current elections... pathetic, sic and a joke! Seems soon US will be sold to china...or be their slaves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back