It is that time, that we stop buying Chinese products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These days,, the only way to hurt another country is economically. We have between 40-50 billion of trade deficit with China. Stop buying from them and they will hurt, 80 billion is not a small amount. I do understand that a lot of parts for various products are manufactured in China and not much can be done about that. But stop buying the xiaomis and OP's of the world and definitely stop all government contracts given to chinese corporations and it will hurt them. No more 5g and 4g work for them will be a big blow. Spend your money on products of companies who have helped us through these times. Buy a Tata (or any other car) car instead of MG and the likes. Stop buying crappy products from Aliexpress.....

Sadly, we will always have that section of people whose hatred for one man has manifested into an anti country stand. Please separate the feelings for the government and country and then take a call.

On my part, I have decided that no more new Chinese products at home. basically by next year. We have a few and they will be changed over as and when required. After a long time I have moved back to Samsung from OP, as an example.
Hatred for modi is not anti country.
Modi is not india
Bjp is not india.

Meanwhile, on TOI is can be seen Trump is literally begging to China to make him win in current elections... pathetic, sic and a joke! Seems soon US will be sold to china...or be their slaves...
it's the habit of Indian newspapers to lie to their audience - during the Indo-Pak war it was routine to misrepresent casualties. I wish we could hold people accountable to the statements they make.. anything can be said casually which again is why our country is getting hammered by the Chinese.. 1 billion people, 1 billion opinions, not one of which is accountable.

Does anyone seriously believe that X number of Chinese were killed - read carefully! China has NOT CONFIRMED the number of casualties! (they don't want an escalation - count for count ratcheting up BUT they have achieved all strategic objectives) - what does that tell you? (do you seriously believe that a surprise 2nd attack caught them napping?)
(it also tells you to whom credibility matters)

Children to a slaughter - fed the lies they want to believe! (ever read Grimm's Fairy Tales?)

Last edited:
why not ask the govt to put high duty on chinese goods. Thats what chinese have done on indian yarn. Why isnt modi govt doing it ? Wish some ppl check the increase of chinese money in india after 2015.

From a objective stand point, one set of group only trash talk they are nothing but bullies, all just because of their hatred for modi. The collateral in all this India.

Just like some of the democratic left wing lunies in the US, their thinking orange man bad, must resist all his policies.

Any one still believe the chinese covid deaths, that regime doesn't wont anyone to know about the Tiananmen square, I vaguely remember a video years back where the government uses a road roller against a farmer/ land lord who was preventing the take over of his asset. Try doing CAA type protest in china, hell paks don't dare mention the Uyghurs in china and the concentration camps.

Chinese don't give a rats as about their casualties, we on the other hand honor ours. Hell we even respected the dead of the paki army during kargil when they retrieved some bodies.

If the government put tariffs on chinese goods. Imagine all the protests on social media and on the streets by commies in india or people on pay roll of the ccp. I see twitter censoring any anti china posts, such is the power of money.

Question to all those who want to stop using Chinese products. What are the alternatives at the same price? Give us the same goods at a similar price point, I see no reason why people will not buy from alternate source? In today's economy money is everything. Some state govts are cutting the pension of retired people by 50% (example: Telangana). Now tell me do you expect them to buy a Samsung phone instead of a cheapo Chinese phone?

It took China over 20 years to become the world's factory. Every country had the same opportunity as China to become one but why did they not become the world's factory? A dictator can do whatever he/she wants. A democracy has its own limitations. While US gave away the manufacturing to Mexico and China, US focused on amassing IP and growing up the value chain. Pretty soon China too will go up the value chain. India needs to go up the value chain to be a major player in the global supply chain. Where is the action plan for it. Certainly avoiding Chinese products will not make us go up the value chain.
Post automatically merged:

From a objective stand point, one set of group only trash talk they are nothing but bullies, all just because of their hatred for modi. The collateral in all this India.

Just like some of the democratic left wing lunies in the US, their thinking orange man bad, must resist all his policies.

Any one still believe the chinese covid deaths, that regime doesn't wont anyone to know about the Tiananmen square, I vaguely remember a video years back where the government uses a road roller against a farmer/ land lord who was preventing the take over of his asset. Try doing CAA type protest in china, hell paks don't dare mention the Uyghurs in china and the concentration camps.

Chinese don't give a rats as about their casualties, we on the other hand honor ours. Hell we even respected the dead of the paki army during kargil when they retrieved some bodies.

If the government put tariffs on Chinese goods. Imagine all the protests on social media and on the streets by commies in india or people on pay roll of the ccp. I see twitter censoring any anti china posts, such is the power of money.

Putting tariff on Chinese products is not allowed under WTO rules unless you can proof anti-competitive activity by China. You can impose anti dumping duties if you can prove it on a product by product basis. Imagine what bloodshed it will lead to if countries impose punitive tariffs against each other. Imagine what will happen to the cotton farmers in India if China stops buying from India. The same happened to the Soybean farmers in US which brought the Trump administration back to the negotiation table.

Last edited:
Now tell me do you expect them to buy a Samsung phone instead of a cheapo Chinese phone?

It took China over 20 years to become the world's factory. Every country had the same opportunity as China to become one but why did they not become the world's factory? A dictator can do whatever he/she wants. <SNIP> Where is the action plan for it. Certainly avoiding Chinese products will not make us go up the value chain.

What if we removed every single subsidy and then channeled people into Zap-and-study educating? The govt could issue bonds with the name of the recipient/his course/etc so the person lending money knew the person he was investing in. Since the person/adult is forced to study, his quality of education is guaranteed.

A dictator cannot do whatever they want - look how NK has to struggle.

Do not mistrust the ingenuity and industriousness of the local Indian population in producing entrepreneurs and economic growth.
It is the rules/regulations/laws that pulls them down; and in case if some are able to survive the bureaucracy and cronyism, they break down in the remedy section (justice).

No amount of swadeshi or atmanirbhar will help. We were exactly like this till 1990s. And people from that era know what crappy condition it was.
Today our economic conditions has improved only because we have opened up our economy, however what stops us really is the appalling ecosystem of legislature, executive and judiciary that has betrayed the citizens of this country. Unless this gets resolved all talk is extreme bullshit.

I want our Mr Prime Minister, the leader of legislature to assure me that in 10 years he has (or will) really made laws that simplify the regulations, that removes corruption prevalent in the executive, reduces the discretionary powers given to certain positions

I want our Mr Prime Minister, the head of executive machinery to assure me about the steps taken to reduce corrupt practices and favoritism. Starting with the police please (will the Home Minister please speak up instead of just campaigning and rabble rousing).

I want our Supreme Court, the highest judicial system to assure me that in case of any dispute, facts would be found out fairly by the executive, and transparent decisions taken fast and fair.

Economic growth will automatically follow.

As ever is the trend for the current govt/propaganda keep passing the liability to the citizens. Govt can suspend trade if they decide that is strategically advantageous. Not buying Chinese products sitting in the inventory of Indian merchants makes no sense to me. Going on record to say that I will buy Chinese products if it is cheaper and better quality than from some other country. The onus of resolving this is with the govt, not the citizens.

No one is insane like you mentioned - it because of people like you who made it for Modi.

Most of the people here follow what is right should be declared Right, and what is wrong is always wrong, but Andh-Bhakt's (read Modi Bhakt's to make you feel better) don't see this.

I'll try to explain to you the background - see if you can understand. When JFK said that US would put Man in space (USSR was leading the race) - US Government did all possible things (from using V2 Rocket Designer to all the possible things money bought), and they succeeded in it and beat the USSR - where do you see the same case happening for Aatma Nirbhar Bharat; if only announcements would have solved the challenges then I will be happy to listen to Modi and his Mann ki Baat.

You must have heard about how earlier kings or authoritative people use to disguise themselves and get the feel of pain points of General public, and that's why they were people's rulers - I don't see the instance (either in books or anywhere else) in their case when they did Mann ki Baat instead of putting of disguise and know the real problems.

But its lot better than the National government blaming the state governments - it's like Captain is blaming the individual for the team's dismal performance. I feel like laughing when Union Ministers were targeting Maharashtra CM, Delhi CM, Kerala CM and WB CM (cause they're in opposition in these states) - such low level of thinking the BJP has and you're expecting us to accept it blindly just because few Andh Bhakt's did (for the sake of the incentives they are getting) and still call us left-wing loonies - I feel very sorry for you.

Chinese don't give a rats as about their casualties, we on the other hand honor ours
Its a part of tactic - if they mention that imagine the other world powers put pressure on them.

Just wanted to highlight one problem to conclude with - Do you imagine the situation of people who supported their families through their small-time businesses or self-made people (not referring to billionaires), just go and see their situation in the vicinity of your home and then come back to tell us if the people bashing Modi (in this forum) are trolls or not.
Post automatically merged:

The onus of resolving this is with the govt, not the citizens.
They just did part of it by creating account on Tiktok - https://www.tiktok.com/@mygovindia?lang=en

This is done when Intel advisory is been raised for Tiktok (https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/technology/intel-agencies-reportedly-raise-red-flag-over-50-apps-with-links-to-china-govt-advised-to-block-them/#:~:text=According to a Hindustan Times,Mi video call among others.)

I would like to see if Mann ki Baat can be hosted on Tiktok or some Chinese app.

Last edited:
China has freed 10 Indian soldiers following a deadly clash between the two sides on Monday, according to Indian media reports. The Hindu newspaper, quoting military sources, said those released included a lieutenant-colonel and three majors.
The fight in the Galwan Valley left at least 20 Indian soldiers dead and raised tensions between the two powers.
China did not acknowledge any casualties among its forces, while at least 76 Indian soldiers were injured. Both sides accused the other of an incursion.
------

don't you see EVERY move is calculated to spread fear and sow division in India - this is war and ultimately Indian people have to rise up SENSIBLY/education to support the Army. No speeches can ever solve this problem.

Remember when he pleaded for support? Entire bjp IT cell was after him.

Don't try to divide India - BJP is an Indian political party same as Congress. Millions of people vote for them. Focus on very specific issues THAT YOU CAN FIX TODAY. Go make a Youtube video teaching something: add to our resources daily.

Stop trying to be extra clever and splitting Indians up. 'BJP' "IT' 'whatever non-productive topic'

Last edited:
Don't try to divide India - BJP is an Indian political party same as Congress. Millions of people vote for them. Focus on very specific issues THAT YOU CAN FIX TODAY. Go make a Youtube video teaching something: add to our resources daily.

Stop trying to be extra clever and splitting Indians up. 'BJP' "IT' 'whatever non-productive topic'

We don't have to. The IT Cell and the Godi media already did it.

Only bjp is dividing india based on religion and caste. Not Congress.

What surprises me is the fact that we boast of our IT industry and the software capabilities, yet there is not even a single consumer product built by us and used by Indians, let alone the whole world. I understand that the focus of most startups is to get the valuation and sell off but what about large enterprises, how come there is nothing of value coming from them.

Only bjp is dividing india based on religion and caste. Not Congress.
You are speculating on non trivial topics - most of us are middle class people leading our middle class lives. All we can do is act locally with the pathetic few friends we meet IRL and very little of that interaction actually leads to any community projects. (let me know if any of you have actually managed something in your community)

Measuring the effects of a political party on a country of 1 billion is quite complicated and based on a casual reading of the newspaper, utterly ridiculous. People are fundamentally divided into separate bodies anyhow so.. wth.

This is exactly how China was carved up by the UK long ago.. they had a weak king and stupid people and instead of uniting around 1 tangible constructive idea they spent their time arguing about stuff NO ONE REALLY UNDERSTOOD.
If you are middle class EDUCATION touches ALL our lives. Everyone understands going to school, studying, getting good marks. (especially in SCIENCE AND MATH)

I don't agree that it is BJP's monoploy. Congress too did their fair bit with minority appeasement. It is just at the different end of the spectrum and the intensity and fervor with which it is being done that is worrisome.
Minority appeasement included all minorities, regardless of religion. Congress never spread hatred like bjp is doing today.
Did cong demolish any place of worship?
Did cong kill anyone for following a particular religion?
Did Cong file cases against one particular religion only?
No.
So no, again the word appeasement is wrong usage here.

Will IT Cell slaves Port out from mobile service providers if they continue using Chinese made Mobile Towers?
Only BSNL/MTNL will remain then (I doubt if they don't have Chinese gear in their tower setup) - most of these Tower Companies run on Hybrid infra from Nokia, Simmons (NSN), Ericsson and Chinese equipment - some even have majority Chinese gear setup - people will lose network signal in many areas if we decide to do that.

Also, I wonder how many of the Aatma Nirbhar promoters of the forum will buy Mi/Redmi notebooks and continue to promote the Aatma Nirbhar program; we have to deal with this level of hypocrisy, and for this entire government system is responsible for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back