Audio Jazz theatre - 32LH60YR

tusharch

Disciple
Hello people,

Just got a new LCD JAZZ THEATRE 32LH60YR model.I have the following questions :

1) When watching TV through TATA SKY in composite video mode, the JUST Scan Option is disabled.Is it that JUST SCAN option works only with specific inputs such as PC/ HDMI/Component ? Can anyone confirm this ?

2) When watching a picture slideshow thru USB drive connected to TV, the picture does not occupy the entire screen. I can still see two black vertical bars. This is really irritating. The pictures are of different resolutions ranging from 1 MP to 6 MP.

hi

i am also planning to buy the same model,

can u pls tell me at what price u bought it and also any cons that u might have noticed apart from the above mentioned.

im gonna purchase its younger sibling the 32lg80fr next week....afaik u need to change the aspect ratio of the tv in picture mode. also what resolution are your pix taken ? change the aspect ratio to 16:9 and check....dont really care cause all i love is the usb divx playback :D

i have the lg3280fr, and i can confirm that even 1080p Pictures do not occupy the entire screen through picture viewer, even with proper aspect ratio and other settings. One more thing i noticed that no salesman will even know of, is that while watching movies through USB, u cannot use audio out, it just fails, and the default tv speakers turn themselves on.

Thirdly, when watching channels like discovery/natgeo(through tatasky atleast) u'll notice that while changing aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, the picture only stretches vertically. As a consequence, even if the original signal in in 16:9 format(as is the case in a number of shows) changing ratio from 4;3 to 16;9 will not do away with the black bars on top and bottom.

Try it out. I'm not sure if this is the case with all 16;9 displays out there, but its certainly most frustrating to see ur tv stretch the signal in weird ways.

So now the shows telecast in 16:9 format look worse than the 4:3 ones, on a 16:9 screen!

^now is that a ouch! ? pa1pa1 do u suppose i rethink on my decision going in for the 80fr ? default speakers during usb usuage is ok for me. but in general how would u rate the tv out of 10. also pls tell me how much did u get it for and from where did u buy it , appreciate ur response for the same.

tusharch said:
Hello people,

Just got a new LCD JAZZ THEATRE 32LH60YR model.I have the following questions :

1) When watching TV through TATA SKY in composite video mode, the JUST Scan Option is disabled.Is it that JUST SCAN option works only with specific inputs such as PC/ HDMI/Component ? Can anyone confirm this ?

2) When watching a picture slideshow thru USB drive connected to TV, the picture does not occupy the entire screen. I can still see two black vertical bars. This is really irritating. The pictures are of different resolutions ranging from 1 MP to 6 MP.

I don't know what the JUST SCAN option is. If it is for scanning the channels, then it should apply only for RF in. for other inputs there are no multiple channels to select in the TV. For instance with Tatasky the selection is done in the STB.

thetechmind said:
^now is that a ouch! ? pa1pa1 do u suppose i rethink on my decision going in for the 80fr ? default speakers during usb usuage is ok for me. but in general how would u rate the tv out of 10. also pls tell me how much did u get it for and from where did u buy it , appreciate ur response for the same.

Well, i mentioned all the negatives.If you can live with them, u'll surely love the tv, as i do. divx playback was the deal maker for me too, n i use it a lot! Pic quality n everything else on tatasky input is more or less the same on lg/sg/sony. The only difference is when watching HD content, and that too is not huge difference. I'd recommend it for sure. I got it for 32k about 1.5 months back in exchange of 21'' crt. without the exchange, i managed to bargain upto 36k. I got it from Jagdish electronics, which was offering the best upfront rate.

pa1pa1 said:
Well, i mentioned all the negatives.If you can live with them, u'll surely love the tv, as i do. divx playback was the deal maker for me too, n i use it a lot! Pic quality n everything else on tatasky input is more or less the same on lg/sg/sony. The only difference is when watching HD content, and that too is not huge difference. I'd recommend it for sure. I got it for 32k about 1.5 months back in exchange of 21'' crt. without the exchange, i managed to bargain upto 36k. I got it from Jagdish electronics, which was offering the best upfront rate.

Jagdish electronics where ? which city i mean.......32k is very very respectable. Lowest i've got so far is 35k without exchange, pass me the details if u are from mumbai i can get a good deal too. Again the only concern for the tv for me is no frills usb access.....and anything else that comes along with be extras. the ips screen is a beauty for sure. also was it 32k without any freebies for u or u got the usual freebies of the festival season along ?

Hey sry, turns out i got it from Kohinoor electronics, naupada, thane, and not jagdish elec.

Damages 32.5k to be exact(with exchange). Prices keep fluctuation so i cant say how much will it cost you, bt you'll certainly get a good deal during the diwali. Do ask at more than 1 store, u'll get a general idea of the price. check out Compare India and gauge u'r prices from there, very close to actual store prices. If someone quotes you more than the online price, do let them know that its avlb for less, basically bargain till u get a price lower than online price.

pa1pa1 said:
i have the lg3280fr, and i can confirm that even 1080p Pictures do not occupy the entire screen through picture viewer, even with proper aspect ratio and other settings.

Thanx for the feedback pa1, my observation is exactly the same.

Now i m trying to make a movie slideshow out of my pictures & play it thru a DVD player with HDMI out to watch it full screen. what a pain !

I figured out that another option is to connect it thru laptop. In this case it will occupy the ful screen irrespective of content.

I feel the best way to look at pics & videos (DivX) is to connect the computer to the TV.

No restrictions on file format, video resolution, maximum size of USB drive supported, etc. Best to leave all that to your computer ! :)

No need of USB on TV or of DVD player !

arre bhai log... in India we don't have any 16:9 telecast. even the programs recorded in 16:9, like discovery programs and movies are telecasted in 4:3 format with black bars on top and bottom. So if you play this program on any TV (LG/ Samsung/ Sony) in 16:9 mode, it will be stretched and black bars won't go.

I am confused between buying a 32 or 42inch model. I have got a deal of 38k for LG Jazz Theater 32inch model and 53k for LG Jazz 42 inch model.
My main objective is to play hd/divx movies/xbox and normal cable tv.

Will 42inch model show more pixels in sd content?
how can I guard myself against demo sets.
Any LCD which can play mkv files from usb?

Any other models in similar price range that I can consider with 100hz,IPS Panel, less response time etc.

hi Guys,,,this diwali try Big Bazaar...at least if you are in chennai...they are giving away 2 gms 22 carat gold coin for any LCD purchase of Rs 30000+....Just got 32LH35FR....34K. 32LH80FR - 35k, 32LH70YR-40.....+ 50 DVDs pack

I want to buy LG 32LH60YR..can any one tel me where to find the best deal.. as off now i m getting a deal of Rs 36,500 widout any freeees... is it gud or should i look for more bargain????

Back