Jio does not work on roaming

Nolasco

Disciple
Have any of you managed to get Jio working while roaming? I've been to Kolkata, Delhi and Goa this month and while my primary Airtel works works without issues, I just get a 'No service' error from the Jio sim.

What's amusing is that on searching manually for networks, Jio 4G shows when I search from the Airtel sim but doesn't when trying with the Jio sim, which has been useless outside of Mumbai. You all facing the same situation?

works for me. while on a single sim handset as well as a dual sim handset. Used a Mumbai home circle sim in Maharashtra & Goa, Madhya pradesh and Gujarat.

Checked all sim settings. Just doesn't connect and I get the cross near the signal bars with a no signal error. Happens from the moment I pass Panvel (on a redmi note 3). Same case with my brother who also has an Airtel and Jio sim and it isn't working on roaming. Also on redmi note 3.

Checked all sim settings. Just doesn't connect and I get the cross near the signal bars with a no signal error. Happens from the moment I pass Panvel (on a redmi note 3). Same case with my brother who also has an Airtel and Jio sim and it isn't working on roaming. Also on redmi note 3.
Do check if the data is selected for the simcard under settings.

Yes data was selected correctly as. Got it working now by swapping the sim slots. Strangely that got it to work though both sim slots on the Note 3 are 4g capable. Never had this issue with Airtel. The good thing though is that there is some network here in my village in Goa where Airtel and Vodafone have next to no network inside the houses. Works at 2g speeds but it's better than nothing.

Yes data roaming was also on. Like I said the other sim worked, just not the Jio sim. And its not that just data wasn't working, there was no signal at all. Works now after reinserting the sim.

Have any of you managed to get Jio working while roaming? I've been to Kolkata, Delhi and Goa this month and while my primary Airtel works works without issues, I just get a 'No service' error from the Jio sim.

What's amusing is that on searching manually for networks, Jio 4G shows when I search from the Airtel sim but doesn't when trying with the Jio sim, which has been useless outside of Mumbai. You all facing the same situation?
Is this a Lenovo phone by any chance? Because I face the EXACT same issue! When I'm in roaming, I need to manually search for network and connect to it!

No, this is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. Same happened last week too when I was in Bangalore, and on return to Mumbai as well. For some reason it doesn't latch onto the network by itself and I have to manually search. Sometimes, the Jio sim just goes off in certain locations where it was working fine previously and then on going somewhere else (about 4-5 km), it starts again on searching for network, which is strange. Calls also dropping quite a bit over the last few days.

Oh and btw about the speed, in Goa I was getting 40-45mbps in the interiors (mostly near a church as I believe the towers are probably set up close to the churches), while in Madgaon I was only getting speeds of 2-3mbps.

To avoid this No signal issue. Put the Jio sim in Slot 1, because most of the 2nd slots are fake LTE slots.
Don't know which phone u are talking about, Have used Jio in 4/5 different devices be it Samsung oneplus redmi and all supported 4g+volte on second slot.

Don't know which phone u are talking about, Have used Jio in 4/5 different devices be it Samsung oneplus redmi and all supported 4g+volte on second slot.
Even I've used the above phones. I faced issue the above on Redmi device. Upon changing settings I got signal on Redmi.

This is purely on roaming. The 2nd slot fake thing been said by Jio guys. They say not all phones have VoLTE on 2nd slot.

Even I've used the above phones. I faced issue the above on Redmi device. Upon changing settings I got signal on Redmi.

This is purely on roaming. The 2nd slot fake thing been said by Jio guys. They say not all phones have VoLTE on 2nd slot.
+1

Back