Jio Gigafiber rollout

They gave me router made in vietnam

Forget where the box is made. Where is the chip manufactured? Or rather WHO is the manufacturer? If it's a chinese SoC it could have a backdoor. Just like 90% of our phones though... :-/

Jio plans are quite ridiculous IMO - https://jiofiber.co.in/jio-fiber-plans/

I hope they get some sense and bring something like 300 GB a month for Rs 500 or there abouts. Otherwise the plan costing Rs 500 (+ taxes I am guessing) for 15 Mbps and 600 GB will rule the roost.

From what i've seen they seem to be aiming for a monthly arpu of 1k-1.5k. This is ridiculous. I've posted elsewhere that i currently pay less than 500/month for 10mbps unlimited, and my monthly usage is around 500GB. Bundling tv etc seems to be their big attraction.

Trump is a retard that anyone can influence in the wrong direction. Then later on, he has cited mass tech sabotage too once his advisers actually informed him. He's the least trustworthy person in his own administration.
Still the President of Umurica though \_( -. -)_/
Anyway, my point is if the great Umurican govt doesn't give a shit, do you think the Indian govt will? It's just business for them after all.

Is it just me or the fact that Reliance Jio seems to be using off-brand Chinese routers a bit concerning? Especially stuff like ZTE is radioactive. The company was banned by US and is (was) literally finished. Data collection about user surfing habits in their routers is pretty pervasive. And then there is Huwaei. Another company which is dangerous.

Now sure many might point out that other companies use similar equipment out of China. But given Ambani and Modi's relation I thought they might be pushed to use some Made In India stuff.

At the level of Jio, it is quite easy for them to fix that issue, but it costs a bit of money. Replace stock firmware with openwrt/others and you have a winner.

Jio plans are quite ridiculous IMO - https://jiofiber.co.in/jio-fiber-plans/

I hope they get some sense and bring something like 300 GB a month for Rs 500 or there abouts. Otherwise the plan costing Rs 500 (+ taxes I am guessing) for 15 Mbps and 600 GB will rule the roost.

Keyword: Trump. That buffoon had his own interests lined up, and hence he got zte out of the bad books. From what I recall, his daughter won some patents in china the same day the green signal for zte happened.

As per reports, they have only gotten to 10% of the target city's populace. Chortel gonna dig in heels and will do something fs. There will def be local cable walas as well providing truly unltd bband. But the real catch would be the DTH service by Jio. How people get to access cable tv + bband.. that will have to be managed well by Mota bhai.

No one has real information. Everyone is making an assumption about the plans. Check this https://jiohow.com/jio-gigafiber-broadband-apply-launch-date-plans-price/ this website says there will be Unlimited plans and then I checked Smartprice website and they say minimum plans will be of 50mbps 300 GB for Rs 500. Hopefully, jio will make sense with its plans.

All stupid assumptions.

Jio fiber will change the game and it will be darn cheap like 4G. 100mbps unlimited would be for 699/799 and 1Gbps unlimited at 1999. :woot:

They did not setup own cables just to sell 300GB or whatever low level 2k-10'sh FUP limits.

100mbps unlimited would be for 699/799 and 1Gbps unlimited at 1999. :woot:
They sure have cables, but I doubt they have bandwidth to give 1gbps at 1999. I think you're preparing for severe disappointment.

Anyway, Im not going to touch anything from jio broadband without a commercial VPN setup with highest encryption. Not giving motabhai my data on a platter.

Some article said that Giga fiber is fiber till your building and then copper wire to your device/ on premise equipment (OPE). Is it true ? Does the fiber reach till the OPE ?

That unofficial/fanpage of jio fiber link which has the "tariff plans" is being shared everywhere. Damn.

Back