Jio Gigafiber rollout

I wish they'd focus on coverage first and then speeds. What use is a 600mbps connection when more than half the country doesn't even have access to it.

My out of the way suburbs always get bypassed by every decent ISP :(.

Forget abt new launch .. am not able to get in touch with Jio customer care no.. yesterday I waited till 30 mins without luck

4bf30cf26f065ff9fafd039ecb39443e.jpg

Source: twitter.

Any idea which device is the one I circled in the image? The one to the left of it looks like the FTTH device.

jio_devices_twitter_circled.jpg

What is the purpose of the outdoor unit?

Is it a last mile connectivity solution ala Tikona where the device is installed on the rooftop which connects to the base tower and this device is then connected to the home router via a LAN cable?

If that is the case then connectivity issues with wired cables will be sorted out.However speeds at the Gbps range might be unfeasible

Looks similar to the old WIMAX kind of setup. Interesting to see the Powerline tech being brought into play..

I wish they'd focus on coverage first and then speeds. What use is a 600mbps connection when more than half the country doesn't even have access to it.

My out of the way suburbs always get bypassed by every decent ISP :(.
keep dreaming, this is true of every country in the world.

The company has begun the operations of the JioFiber from Chennai’s Adayar. Based on scanned images of an invitational letter sent out to the residents of a society, we now have more information on it. Reliance is pitching the following benefits – watching ultraHD movies, video calls from TV, downloading songs, and uploading photos instantly. The company also talks about ‘many more exciting services’ in the future.

However, one must always keep in mind that Reliance is yet to make any official announcements and this has been sourced from a Facebook group. While the information does seem legit and accurate, one must not take it as official till the company announces it to be. Moreover, Anonymous made a shocking announcement yesterday which showed that Reliance Jio is sharing customer data with US and Singapore.

Source

Last edited:
Today I saw large rolls of unattended Fiber with RJio Infocomm inscriptions, which probably isn't for a tower. It seems they are covering a major part of the cities.

@r19 - where (which place) did you see this?

Near one DDA Flats(MIG) in Delhi which hasn't had any broadband except Airtel and MTNL even though other operators are nearby. Probably due to some politicians, demand or something. But if they are laying it here it should have pretty good coverage.

As for as i know FTTH will be launched in Early Jan Next year . I has a JIO Fibre box right below my first floor Flat in noida and will need just 100Mtr cable to get it inside my house but there is no way at the moment.

Been using jio SIM for almost a year now, I know what their speeds were initially. Has seen speeds of 50 mbps on my phone measured via speedtest . Part of problem is that they are facing a Network glitch due to which speeds are getting badly affected & worst is their vendors are unable to identify & resolve it. It;s been going on for almost more than a month now .

Source - My close relative who works for them in engineering & involved in Planning & roll out of cell sites.

Back