Jio Gigafiber rollout

Got Jio Fibre connection. The speeds are well, AMAZING!. Torrents go upto 40 Mbps. Speed on Fast.com varies from 40-60 Mbps while Speedtest shows 70 Mbps most of the time. youtube, Netflix and amazon prime start streaming 1080p from the word go. The router has 1 optical fibre port, 4 lan ports, 2 usb ports, 2 Telephone ports (VoIP) and supports both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz frequencies. Only downside is 100 GB limit per month after which the speed reduces to 1 Mbps. Also I am yet to figure out the username password for the router so that I can assign IP to my various devices.

^^ First, congrats !

Do you mean 40mB/s or 40 mbps? 40mbps is 'only' 5mB/s. Coz on my ssv i saw 11mB/s or 88mbps on a well seeded extremely popular torrent. on a 100mbps line. on a 4mbps plan.

What are the USB ports for? connecting to devices without wifi or lan? How many antennae ? Any cost details? for the router at least?

Too many questions. Also, photos please if you don't mind.

Yes! Congrats! And yes, pics please! :D

I guess you might be testing speedtest on slightly older wifi connection? My wifi link is also capped at around 72 mbps hence asking. Have you tried via ethernet cable on a PC to do the speedtests/torrents?[DOUBLEPOST=1496058137][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, which locality are you in where you got this connection?

Got Jio Fibre connection. The speeds are well, AMAZING!. Torrents go upto 40 Mbps. Speed on Fast.com varies from 40-60 Mbps while Speedtest shows 70 Mbps most of the time. youtube, Netflix and amazon prime start streaming 1080p from the word go. The router has 1 optical fibre port, 4 lan ports, 2 usb ports, 2 Telephone ports (VoIP) and supports both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz frequencies. Only downside is 100 GB limit per month after which the speed reduces to 1 Mbps. Also I am yet to figure out the username password for the router so that I can assign IP to my various devices.
So jealous of you guys

^^ First, congrats !

Do you mean 40mB/s or 40 mbps? 40mbps is 'only' 5mB/s. Coz on my ssv i saw 11mB/s or 88mbps on a well seeded extremely popular torrent. on a 100mbps line. on a 4mbps plan.

What are the USB ports for? connecting to devices without wifi or lan? How many antennae ? Any cost details? for the router at least?

Too many questions. Also, photos please if you don't mind.

It is Mbps. USB ports are for sharing drives over the network. All antennae are internal. Totally free for employees. Router box says price is 5100 Rs.

Yes! Congrats! And yes, pics please! :D

I guess you might be testing speedtest on slightly older wifi connection? My wifi link is also capped at around 72 mbps hence asking. Have you tried via ethernet cable on a PC to do the speedtests/torrents?[DOUBLEPOST=1496058137][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, which locality are you in where you got this connection?

I am using a TpLink 300 Mbps wifi adapter. Link speed on windows also says its Wifi N so should atleast be 150 Mbps. I am in Jamangar. Reliance's own township.

Frankly , this all doesn't sound great with players like Excitel , ACT etc being in the fray already. And what is with that 100GB FUP? That's, quite retarded.
I have a 50Mbps Excitel connection which for most parts, works as claimed. In a few days, will upgrade to their top plan, 100mbps , genuine unlimited.

I believe I have the same TpLink wifi (internal PCIe x1 slot) adapter in my desktop PC which claims Wifi-N but in Windows/Linux network properties for the wifi connection it shows actual "link speed = 72 mbps" something like that. But anyways, just a nitpick. In my case my Airtel 4G max speed is anyways around 40 mbps so no use for me.

Is your Jio router CPE device the white one we've been seeing or is the newer black one that has shown up on YouTube lately? Are you able/comfortable posting pics?

I believe I have the same TpLink wifi (internal PCIe x1 slot) adapter in my desktop PC which claims Wifi-N but in Windows/Linux network properties for the wifi connection it shows actual "link speed = 72 mbps" something like that. But anyways, just a nitpick. In my case my Airtel 4G max speed is anyways around 40 mbps so no use for me.

Is your Jio router CPE device the white one we've been seeing or is the newer black one that has shown up on YouTube lately? Are you able/comfortable posting pics?
I haven't seen the video so cannot tell if it is the same one. My Router is black in colour. I did not post pics since I am lazy at clicking a photo, uploading to a image hosting site and linking it here. Give me a couple of days I will get around posting the pics of the router and the manual.

Oh I see, black in colour. Yeah it might be the same one posted on recent YT vids. See the vids below, is it like yours?

[DOUBLEPOST=1496126698][/DOUBLEPOST]
The guy was just blabbering like a fool.

haha. if i got a jio fiber connection at home, i would probably start blabbering like a fool too :D

Since when have we started believing news outlets which recycle the same baseless rumours and "breaking news" to get people to click on the links to open their ad-infested websites? :D
The same breaking news websites titles have proved to be genuine over a period of time.

security of 5k , isn't that too much? 1k is majorly for most broadband providers, and also 100gb FUP, that's too less!
The amount will be refunded after free period. And i believe amount is 4.5k for 3 months.
>100gb fup
Yea it is for testing mostly, they just want to check their connectivity and stability

The same breaking news websites titles have proved to be genuine over a period of time.

Right in the title it says "Jio may launch" and they're not talking about the month of May. If the launch actually happens around that time at approximately those prices, we can all claim the news was right. If it turns out to be false/fake, we can all still claim to be right, because we wrote "may" in the title. Much genuine.

Some news outlet mentioned that there will be another phased launch around DIWALI ! So late !
The fiber is hanging in front of my house for atleast an year- what are they waiting for now.

Some news outlet mentioned that there will be another phased launch around DIWALI ! So late !
The fiber is hanging in front of my house for atleast an year- what are they waiting for now.
Hahaha. They laid fiber last week here at my place. Apparently some more of the fiber had to be taken underground to install new towers.[DOUBLEPOST=1496203947][/DOUBLEPOST]
Right in the title it says "Jio may launch" and they're not talking about the month of May. If the launch actually happens around that time at approximately those prices, we can all claim the news was right. If it turns out to be false/fake, we can all still claim to be right, because we wrote "may" in the title. Much genuine.

Still. "May be" is #1 term in ET and Mint business news outlets. May bring ₹10/GB 4G, may offer free trials at 100mbps and 100GB, May bring 1500 VoLTE phone.

Not disputing some of the points like "100 mbps at 100 GB" and "rollout in 100 cities" since I guess those have come from the horse's mouth during AGM and what not.

It's the things like "Rs. 500 for 100 GB" price point and the "launch date" (around Diwali) which seem speculative to me. But, of course, I am hoping it is true nevertheless.

Weren't there earlier news reports IIRC claiming things like it "may" launch in Dec 2016, then June 2017 etc, which haven't come to pass?

It's clearly a "phased rollout" still... I don't think it's easy to coordinate a real nationwide "launch" at the same time. Think of the local issues/hurdles they will face during laying fiber etc. If a "launch" is announced (by JIO company officials themselves, in statements or ads etc) it will only be on paper for sure.

ur location?

Back