Jio Gigafiber rollout

did it say registration successful and then also said fiber is nt in ur location as in my case
It said regn successful we will contact as they are laying fiber post monsoons

Exact msg below:

Greetings from Jio!

Thank You for registering your interest. We have started deploying JioFiber in your city.
Our Jio representative will contact you once we start deploying JioFiber in your area.

Thank You,
Team Jio

My parents have been using JIO Fiber for 2 months now. I haven't been home so I can't judge the speed but fast.com has always shown 70mbps+. But their usage tracker is buggy and customer service is horrible. The daily usage hovers around 1-1.5 GB. Then on July 10, this happened:

upload_2017-7-19_10-5-57.png

Apparently, 48GB was consumed within 0 seconds not once but thrice totaling ~145GB in 3 hours. When I contacted the customer support, I was told that this could have happened due to mobile application updating in the background, video streaming, and other silly reasons. They refuse to believe that this is an error on their end. This is how the usage is calculated daily:

upload_2017-7-19_10-11-28.png

If you notice that every day, data usage is calculated for a certain duration. This has been same for all other days but 10th July. It's been 2 weeks and JIO team's only response has been that they would look into this. We are on a free trial and now usage calculation errors are fine but if I am a paying customer and my entire monthly usage limit (100 GB) gets depleted because of some buggy software then I would certainly not be happy. BTW this is how the usage summary looks today:

upload_2017-7-19_10-15-38.png

0 MB used till July 13, which is incorrect obviously. Till 4 days back, it showed correct usage for Jul 06 - Jul 12 but now it doesn't.

How many of us Mumbai guys have access to Jio Fiber & in which areas? Are they accepting registrations for non connected areas as well?

Their software and backend is simply superb.
Dont know who is the great person validating and putting it in production.

So many erros are their.

Any news about launch? I need a new connection since BSNL 3G unlimited is not unlimited anymore, even though they still advertise it as unlimited and CC says the same but reality is totally different :angry:

looks like Jio is launching here in Hyderabad soon! Many ISP's have started offering FUP's of 500GB minimum till 1TB.

Acche din for Broadband users!

Back