Jio Gigafiber rollout

https://gigafiber.jio.com/registration

This went live for a moment and there was a banner on the home page, but has now been removed. Might have been a faux pas as the Google maps during registration seemed to be running with a test api-key and showed a 'for development purposes only' watermark

Apparently, I could proceed with this link and get OTP for registration as well.

upload_2018-8-15_12-1-30.png

Any idea when the connections will be done? As per some reports it will be by diwali. If that's true I will get Airtel for the time being.

For free with no FUP

yup. no FUP but i do not misuse either with no unnecessary downloads. I work from home and since install, have not seen a down time yet. 100 GB lasts me almost a month ...rarely i have gone for 40 GB additional available package. usage is Office, you tube, kids streaming on fire stick and regular mobile traffic...

For me the best part is

> No downtime since i work from home primarily with 2 or 3 days in office and many times not going to office at all for almost a quarter. so reliability is top most priority.
> speed. I was promised consistent 100 MBPS and irrespective of time , i always get that.

you cannot ask for more in india IMO ;) ;)

PS : - I am eagerly waiting for them to launch Gaga TV. I am hoping they does it ASAP. I am sick of Dish Tv and likes who have designed their package in such way that you never get what u want in single channel despite having channels from same stream. Way to go JIO!!!!​

I just registered. If Tier 1.5/2 cities don't get it early there's little chance my region will. :(

Screenshot_20180818-150058~2.png
Anyway, I saw this on their site. Is this the only plan right now? 100mbps 100GB monthly with 90 days validity. What is it's registration fee? They mentioned only the refundable security deposit here.
Screenshot_20180818-150247~2.png

Last edited:
Please use thumbnails for such huge images.

^ Poor guy on a 1366*768 resolution.
My bad. It was a cropped screenshot and I didn't think it would be so large lol. This forum for mobile web version doesn't have the option to select the image size. :(
Anyone know the code for Medium size?

100GB is quiet low for me. I watch YT videos (720p or higher) every day for 2-3 hrs or so and I've seen my router show the android device consume a few gigs per day. Then there's regular tv series or movies in 1080p to watch. I've downloaded 20GB per night from past 3 days on my 8Mbit (no FUP no speed drop) connection. This quota won't last me 5 days.

100Mbps is for show only here. Even regular 8Mbps will be more than enough for such low data quota. I had signed up using the link in their website, but now i'll just brush them off. My local ISP is much better than them imo.

I don't think that is the actual launch offer, rather it seems the existing preview offer which has been going on for the past year or so. They are yet to come out with the official plans, which they might do closer to giving out actual connections.

The form has just been a way for them to gauge interest and determine which area the most requests are coming from.

No plans have been officially announced yet. Clickbait shite websites are still writing articles about "possible" plans.
That's not "clickbait" lol. It's a screenshot from the official Jio page. It's in their FAQ's. :p

Screenshot_20180819-201823~2.png

As for the extra free data Jio also did that when 4G launched. Many people were able to exceed the the data cap without any problem.

Last edited:
Sms from Jio Fiber

"Thank you for inviting JioGigaFiber to your neighbourhood. Now get your friends, family and neighbours to participate as well. More the number of invitations from your area, the sooner you get JioGigaFiber."

MNS, Sena back local cable operators against Reliance

Tushar Afale, general secretary, Maharashtra Navnirman Cable Sena (MNCS), said, “We aren’t against the company doing business here, but Mumbai’s cable industry was developed and shaped by local operators. A big company like Reliance is now setting up its own fibre network, which will directly kill the local cable operator.”
----------------------------------------------------
The mafia who looted Mumbaikars, Is now crying!

Back