Jio Gigafiber rollout

https://www.businesstoday.in/sector...-gigafiber-broadband-launch/story/283581.html

Reliance may buy Hathway to speed up Jio GigaFiber broadband launch

₹2500cr deal.

Although it's rumoured.. I'm inclined to believe this one. I know first hand from the challenges they've faced in connecting my complex which is one of the largest in central Bombay with over 600 apartments that Jio is struggling badly with last mile connectivity which is essentially the cable operator Nexus who have long been ruling the roost with Hathway.

Hathway and Cable Operators have successfully managed to create entry barriers for competition at least in many areas I know well.. so honestly this rumour doesn't surprise me.

Looks like DEN Networks also been roped in. Says Reliance has acquired a majority stake. Should make the roll out of Giga Fiber smoother.

Reliance eyes controlling stake in Hathway, DEN to launch Jio Gigafiber source

Hope Hathway will Improve it's Plan selling BEHAVIOR (instead increasing, they will start reducing or allow to continue same old plan price) with Existing users?

Will Jio big feature will be bundled stuff like internet TV and streaming services? Right now the dishTV are charging too much. I don't see them winning that much share in BB suddenly even if they have good quality (latency and international speeds), and I haven't seen anything hinting them giving better quality than Airtel here

reliance.jpg

Interesting. 25 to 45% stake! We're looking at full promoter stake sale.

https://www.businesstoday.in/curren...o-push-jiogigafiber-rollout/story/285332.html

“Our next generation FTTH and enterprise services are now being made available to our customers to further enhance our value proposition to our customers,” Ambani added.

Reliance Industries is also buying majority stakes in Den Networks Ltd and Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd for ₹5,230 crore.

- RIL will make a “primary investment of ₹2,045 crore through a preferential issue under SEBI regulations and secondary purchase of ₹245 crore from the existing promoters for a 66% stake in DEN”, the company said in a statement.

- It will make a primary investment of ₹2,940 crore through a preferential issue for a 51.3% stake in Hathway.

https://www.livemint.com/Companies/...nce-Jio-reports-681-crore-to-buy-Hathway.html

JioGigaFiber will place India among top 3 broadband nations: Mukesh Ambani

“And from day one, JioGigaFiber will offer complete fixed-mobile convergence where Indians will travel seamlessly between mobile and fixed broadband networks 4G and 5G when on the move and Wi-Fi when indoors,” Ambani said at the India Mobile Congress 2018.

“India will rise from a lowly 135th rank to being among the top three nations in fixed broadband at a pace that will surprise the world,” he added.

At present, major rivals of Jio offer download speed up to 100 megabit per second for around Rs 1,000 per month for home users. Jio claims to offer around 10 times more speed to home users.

Hathway told me fiber rollout starting from January for existing customers. But it will take some time before it comes to all.

Need to see if they will unify the package or how they will do billing for both ISP and Cable TV. As of now they sell both Cable TV and ISP services separately. Also, the top speed available is only 100 Mbps for entire city, no Giga plans just yet.

For both Hyderabad and Chennai.

The agent would not specify the actual date when I would be upgraded.

Only soon, and if not in November or December then for sure by January.

Doesn't Hathway already have FTTH in Chennai? And have they shifted backend to Jio?

Trusting Hathway ... no way...

Pay them what they advertised on their website, than they will be happy but at the moment you ask some offer.... they GOING NUT ... (take whatever we are offering else .... )

Trusting Hathway ... no way...

Pay them what they advertised on their website, than they will be happy but at the moment you ask some offer.... they GOING NUT ... (take whatever we are offering else .... )

Hathway will be JIO soon, Jio has bought majority shares in Hathway and DEN, GTPL will also be added to this group. I guess within six months most big cities will start seeing the effect, may take one year to reach tier-2 cities.

Back