Jio Gigafiber rollout

What I was thinking was since Jio has acquired hathway... May be this could be a rough indication of how the Jio Fiber plans would be priced?
350 bucks for 50mbps unlimited is like a dream :)

I think it will be Rs.500/- or more, as, as of now, Hathway do not want it's customers to let go with other service providers, so they just make them to stay with them, till jio start providing service (via Hathway)

What I was thinking was since Jio has acquired hathway... May be this could be a rough indication of how the Jio Fiber plans would be priced?
350 bucks for 50mbps unlimited is like a dream :)

Can i say Jio Fiber via Hathway is now starting to pinch other ISP with its plans?

75mbps - 449, 100mbps - 599, 125mbps - 649/month, NO FUP in Hyderabad as of now!

http://www.hathway.com/Broadband/HomeBroadband

Only concern is they should Improve their After sales.

----

If i may bring to your notice, Excitel on the other hand bought 300mbps NO FUP for ₹999/month. 1Gbps NO FUP is coming soon as per their portal page. :) @Excitel Can you share more details?

Last edited:
^ Hathway subscription charges are rather confusing for me ..

s82wrUg.gif

can someone tell me what is meant by blast, gold & value subscriptions ...

Also 50mbps (Hero) & 80mbps (Rapid) charges are the same !!

Last edited:
^ okay. what is the difference ?

Difference is the Speed and FUP? Isn't it mentioned on the site? (sorry i cant be bothered to look it up)[DOUBLEPOST=1543577457][/DOUBLEPOST]ok i just looked at the plan table, yeah the names are confusing.

Most plans/cities are unclear and seems on fight yet.. since ages since INTERNET STARTED.

(they (=FOREIGNERS MOSTLY) know when to upgrade us)
(they have HIGH GBPS PLANS, but will never deliver to us)

FUP ETC. are just a menace..
Once a tower is set there is not additional costs for pertaining area..

Just maintenance.. (AND THAT COVERS EVERYTHING)

I can't seem to grasp most of the posts you make? Is this some new dialect which you use?

I think just plain English would be better comprehensible by most forum members here..

Jio put up Gigafiber stalls around my place.

₹4500 refundable - 3 months free internet 100 Mbit/s - Base 100GB/month + 40GB x 25 Top-ups = 1100GB/month.

If you don't like the service, The refundable amount will be credit in to your account after 45 days of cancellation (After collection of FTTH equipment)

No clarity on the regular offerings, But the Sales guy was sure ki (Based on what he heard from Manager)

1TB FUP is minimum on any plan and there will be only (4 plans) -
100mbit/s, 250mbit/s, 500mbit/s & 1000mbit/s -- Starting from ₹500 to ₹2,000.

I'm Happy to switch to ACT's 200mbps+ plan, Once Jio Fiber launches FULL FLEDGED.:p:p

Attachments

• Jio Gigafiber- Hyderabad.jpeg
    Jio Gigafiber- Hyderabad.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 266
Has anyone setup the jio router in bridge mode ?
Friend wants to use his linksys router as jio router 's signal strength is pathetic.

Bdw they are using CGNAT on their network.[emoji17]
It seems only IPV6 is reachable from outside network.

Has anyone setup the jio router in bridge mode ?
Friend wants to use his linksys router as jio router 's signal strength is pathetic.

Bdw they are using CGNAT on their network.[emoji17]
It seems only IPV6 is reachable from outside network.

CGNAT was expected. IPv6 was accessible all the time.

Jio put up Gigafiber stalls around my place.

₹4500 refundable - 3 months free internet 100 Mbit/s - Base 100GB/month + 40GB x 25 Top-ups = 1100GB/month.

If you don't like the service, The refundable amount will be credit in to your account after 45 days of cancellation (After collection of FTTH equipment)

No clarity on the regular offerings, But the Sales guy was sure ki (Based on what he heard from Manager)

1TB FUP is minimum on any plan and there will be only (4 plans) -
100mbit/s, 250mbit/s, 500mbit/s & 1000mbit/s -- Starting from ₹500 to ₹2,000.

I'm Happy to switch to ACT's 200mbps+ plan, Once Jio Fiber launches FULL FLEDGED.:p:p

Which area?

I'm going through the same annual nightmare with Hathway for my plan renewal.

Fools have removed the 100Mbps plans from their broadband site but the idiots in the backend are still continuing to push some plans without giving me anything in writing. The last time these Jokers promised some extra w months free validity but didn't end up doing it in the backend.

Also they're not really being transparent about the charges. With tax the 100Mbps 100GB is being quoted at around some 16000/- for an annual plan.

Also they have no clue about any changes to the plans or pricing after Jio taking over. They only seem to be aggressively pursuing for annual renewal

Which area?

I'm going through the same annual nightmare with Hathway for my plan renewal.

Fools have removed the 100Mbps plans from their broadband site but the idiots in the backend are still continuing to push some plans without giving me anything in writing. The last time these Jokers promised some extra w months free validity but didn't end up doing it in the backend.

Also they're not really being transparent about the charges. With tax the 100Mbps 100GB is being quoted at around some 16000/- for an annual plan.

Also they have no clue about any changes to the plans or pricing after Jio taking over. They only seem to be aggressively pursuing for annual renewal

Same case with me as well. The Hathway guys have started calling for the annual renewal. Last year I took the 50Mbps plan with 150gb fup (however there doesnt seem to be any FUP as I crossed 600gb last month and the speed didnt drop. It was 16990 last year for 12M + 3M free. They are offering the same plan this year as well with no boost in speed but said they would offer 600GB as monthly FUP. My plan expires at the end of May so I am in two minds whether to renew or wait till the new jio plans are in place. It seems silly that they have not reduced costs at all considering the competition.

Same case with me as well. The Hathway guys have started calling for the annual renewal. Last year I took the 50Mbps plan with 150gb fup (however there doesnt seem to be any FUP as I crossed 600gb last month and the speed didnt drop. It was 16990 last year for 12M + 3M free. They are offering the same plan this year as well with no boost in speed but said they would offer 600GB as monthly FUP. My plan expires at the end of May so I am in two minds whether to renew or wait till the new jio plans are in place. It seems silly that they have not reduced costs at all considering the competition.

Exactly. I told them FO I'm not interested in increased FUP because honestly their FUP monitoring is shit so I'm not surprised they didn't cap your speed.

It's also a bargaining chip for them because it's very likely the case that you don't consistently exceed the FUP every month so in a sense it doesn't cost them anything to promise increased FUP because they know it's likely never to be violated on a grand total basis.

I'm livid with them for bullcrapping though plus on their refusal to reduce costs. If anything they've taken a step back from pushing the 100Mbps connection and are only advertising 50Mbps

Back