Jio Gigafiber rollout

After a long wait, JIO confirmed their services are feasible in my area and booked for a JIO Gigafiber preview offer yesterday. They mentioned that they just started booking it yesterday and have 10 bookings already. Installation expected to be done on 3 April.[DOUBLEPOST=1553678235][/DOUBLEPOST]A JIO executive visited for a door to door campaign an hour back. As I understand the Preview offer will continue for at least next 5 months till the commercial launch. He also suggested that the telephone and Digital TV services might be available for the customers from next month and it will be part of preview offer. Post commercial launch the Monthly rentals would be around Rs 800/- to Rs 1000/- which will include all three services (Broadband, Telephone and Digital TV).

Last edited:
check for GBPS / Gazon or ask them who is their input partner in your local area. You wont need JIO. Their plans seem to be cheaper than JIO. I am on GBPS currently. paying 1040 for 100megs (400gb FUP).
I already have Hathway which is giving me similar or better plan compared to Gazon/Viztel. Nowadays Gazon service in our locality had frequent wire cuts so don`t want to go back with them. Waiting for Jio to take over Hathway.

Still waiting for JIO. Sad I expected them to be more professional. No one has any clue when the activation will happen its nearly two weeks now :(

After many followups got my JIO Gigafiber activated yesterday. Speed is constant above 90 Mbps. Looks good for now.

Do you know (can you check) what ethernet cable they have provided? Is it supporting 1 gbps (thus give you 100 mbps or more speed) or just 100 mbps and thus speed hovering in the 90+ mbps range? The type of cable (Cat 5e etc) should be printed on the cable itself in small lettering...

Anyone able to setup Jio Router in Bridge mode ?
Friend wanted to use his Linksys as main router. Other day I was trying to configure in bridge mode but seems IP is not passing to linksys router.
Too much locked down stuffs. Typical Reliance !! [emoji23]

Reliance Jio GigaFiber will offer a broadband-landline-TV combo service for ₹600 a month.

While the triple combo—which will offer 600 channels with seven-day catch-up option, landline and 100 mbps broadband—will be priced ₹600 a month, the tariff for adding other smart home services may cost extra and depending on the plan, the tariff could go up to ₹1,000 a month

https://www.livemint.com/industry/t...ne-and-tv-combo-for-rs-600-1555962210762.html

Exactly. I told them FO I'm not interested in increased FUP because honestly their FUP monitoring is shit so I'm not surprised they didn't cap your speed.

It's also a bargaining chip for them because it's very likely the case that you don't consistently exceed the FUP every month so in a sense it doesn't cost them anything to promise increased FUP because they know it's likely never to be violated on a grand total basis.

I'm livid with them for bullcrapping though plus on their refusal to reduce costs. If anything they've taken a step back from pushing the 100Mbps connection and are only advertising 50Mbps

So I finally renewed my hathway subscription yesterday. They offered me 50mbps for 12M+2M without FUP for 11,150 including taxes wjich comes up to about 800 a month. Unfortunately, today I got a call from someone in their retention team offering me the same plan for 600 a month! Paid yesterday so cant do anything about it, but you guys could ask for this plan if due for renewal.

Anyone able to setup Jio Router in Bridge mode ?
Friend wanted to use his Linksys as main router. Other day I was trying to configure in bridge mode but seems IP is not passing to linksys router.
Too much locked down stuffs. Typical Reliance !! [emoji23]
So seems jio is NOT the way for us, so better stick to our existing ISPs bearing bit of pain but ease and freedom. We need freedom not restrictions.

So I finally renewed my hathway subscription yesterday. They offered me 50mbps for 12M+2M without FUP for 11,150 including taxes wjich comes up to about 800 a month. Unfortunately, today I got a call from someone in their retention team offering me the same plan for 600 a month! Paid yesterday so cant do anything about it, but you guys could ask for this plan if due for renewal.

this is the same story with almost every local isp too. buying for 3+ months makes no sense now. prices are falling steeply since jio is coming everywhere. last year this same time my isp was selling me 4Mbps UL connection for 1300 per month and 1100 if i took for 3 months. Now I'm getting 50Mbps UL with 300GB fup (5MBps after 300GB) for 600 per month. It becomes 560 or so if i buy for 3 months.

this is the same story with almost every local isp too. buying for 3+ months makes no sense now. prices are falling steeply since jio is coming everywhere. last year this same time my isp was selling me 4Mbps UL connection for 1300 per month and 1100 if i took for 3 months. Now I'm getting 50Mbps UL with 300GB fup (5MBps after 300GB) for 600 per month. It becomes 560 or so if i buy for 3 months.

So my previous plan expired last week, and the new plan was to come into effect but the idiots at hathway are now going back on their word and saying that such a plan with totally unlimited data does not exist! They claim that the executive who sold me the plan has quit the company and that she made a mistake! So after making full payment, they've now activated a plan with just 250gb data after which the speed drops to 2Mbps. Their customer service is absolutely pathetic. Have escalated it to the nodal officer but he too seems to be of no use. Told me on Friday that he'll check and get back but no update as yet. Unfortunately I do not have a mail from the executive who sold me the plan as their servers were down that day but have details on whatsapp which I have shared with them. Will wait another couple of days to see whether they give me unlimited data or a refund which I have asked for. If not, I guess I will have no plan but to file a case against them.

Any of you guys know someone senior in hathway I could write to? Above the level of the nodal officer for Mumbai region?

Any idea how is Hathaway in Noida. Reliable ? Looking to ditch Airtel as its just 160 GB for 899 + taxes

how do you guys even finish 100 gb plus. i have so much rollover data in 4g and my broadband that it should be reimbursed to me. I'm reaching the 1000gb rollover limit

how do you guys even finish 100 gb plus. i have so much rollover data in 4g and my broadband that it should be reimbursed to me. I'm reaching the 1000gb rollover limit
People who stream 4k and 1080p stuff easily use 500gb + in a month.. currently for 19 days my jio fibre consumption is 430 GB.

Hathway in ncr is too unreliable unless your only use is torrents and downloading.
At least this is the case with cable/docsis connectivity.
So my previous plan expired last week, and the new plan was to come into effect but the idiots at hathway are now going back on their word and saying that such a plan with totally unlimited data does not exist! They claim that the executive who sold me the plan has quit the company and that she made a mistake! So after making full payment, they've now activated a plan with just 250gb data after which the speed drops to 2Mbps. Their customer service is absolutely pathetic. Have escalated it to the nodal officer but he too seems to be of no use. Told me on Friday that he'll check and get back but no update as yet. Unfortunately I do not have a mail from the executive who sold me the plan as their servers were down that day but have details on whatsapp which I have shared with them. Will wait another couple of days to see whether they give me unlimited data or a refund which I have asked for. If not, I guess I will have no plan but to file a case against them.

Any of you guys know someone senior in hathway I could write to? Above the level of the nodal officer for Mumbai region?
Go on their site and under contact us they have a guy who is above nodal officer. Now I can't say if his number or email will work but worth a try.
If you were promised unlimited then what they will do(if they try) is allot you 500-1000gb every month.
They don't have unlimited data plans in every state, their reps lie to earn their commission.

Back