Jio Gigafiber rollout

Any idea how is Hathaway in Noida. Reliable ? Looking to ditch Airtel as its just 160 GB for 899 + taxes

Pretty decent. The speeds are consistent and they would reset the download quota around 24th day of the plan.
The downtimes were not bothersome, but their customer care service is pretty bad as it seemed to be operated from a single room. Thankfully, the downtimes/issues never persisted for long times. I would opt for it instead of airtel any given day.

So my previous plan expired last week, and the new plan was to come into effect but the idiots at hathway are now going back on their word and saying that such a plan with totally unlimited data does not exist! They claim that the executive who sold me the plan has quit the company and that she made a mistake! So after making full payment, they've now activated a plan with just 250gb data after which the speed drops to 2Mbps. Their customer service is absolutely pathetic. Have escalated it to the nodal officer but he too seems to be of no use. Told me on Friday that he'll check and get back but no update as yet. Unfortunately I do not have a mail from the executive who sold me the plan as their servers were down that day but have details on whatsapp which I have shared with them. Will wait another couple of days to see whether they give me unlimited data or a refund which I have asked for. If not, I guess I will have no plan but to file a case against them.

Any of you guys know someone senior in hathway I could write to? Above the level of the nodal officer for Mumbai region?
I've had an experience with their nodal team earlier this year after the promised free period wasn't active. Took them ages to respond to my mails and coordination with their backend team was pathetic.

The best way is to call them and speak to them at the nodal office contact.

I finally had enough of their nonsense and switched my plan to the GPON 50Mbps UL with no FUP half yearly plan.

So after making full payment, they've now activated a plan with just 250gb data after which the speed drops to 2Mbps.
Even my speed after FUP dropped to 2Mbps. And upload speed after FUP became 1Mbps. Data limit became 150GB per month. Even browsing sucks. Only good thing is Youtube is cached and i get to watch 1080p streams without buffering.

I've had an experience with their nodal team earlier this year after the promised free period wasn't active. Took them ages to respond to my mails and coordination with their backend team was pathetic.

The best way is to call them and speak to them at the nodal office contact.

I finally had enough of their nonsense and switched my plan to the GPON 50Mbps UL with no FUP half yearly plan.

I spoke to the nodal team today and they were making up some crap saying the totally unlimited plan is Rs 1000 more and I misunderstood what they offered me blah blah. I refused to pay anything and asked them to cancel my connection so eventually they offered me a retention plan which is 50 mbps with 1250gb monthly fup at Rs 607 per month so it comes up even cheaper than the initial plan I was offered. Escalated quite a bit and even marked the Ceo in copy so not sure if that was what made the difference.

I spoke to the nodal team today and they were making up some crap saying the totally unlimited plan is Rs 1000 more and I misunderstood what they offered me blah blah. I refused to pay anything and asked them to cancel my connection so eventually they offered me a retention plan which is 50 mbps with 1250gb monthly fup at Rs 607 per month so it comes up even cheaper than the initial plan I was offered. Escalated quite a bit and even marked the Ceo in copy so not sure if that was what made the difference.
These guys are anyway in the process of re branding into jio and are awaiting details of revised plans and rates to be rolled out so there's a lot of confusion going on with them. Nevertheless I kind of expected they would eventually roll out unlimited plans and that's what they've done. While they haven't really dropped the prices I think it's decent what they've put up. Let's see how long this lasts.

Nothing with Reliance involved ever turns out beneficial to mere mortals in the long run

Any idea how is Hathaway in Noida. Reliable ? Looking to ditch Airtel as its just 160 GB for 899 + taxes

Not reliable. Works with a mind of it's own. I switched over to Jio some 1.6 years back and i am a super happy customer with barely any downtime in this time. Mind you, I work from home and reliable connectivity is super important for me.

Another problem is that their recovery teams. Despite telling them that i have surrendered their modems et all, they keep on following up after more than a year. Forced to warn them, than only they stopped calling .

Pretty decent. The speeds are consistent and they would reset the download quota around 24th day of the plan.
The downtimes were not bothersome, but their customer care service is pretty bad as it seemed to be operated from a single room. Thankfully, the downtimes/issues never persisted for long times. I would opt for it instead of airtel any given day.

you are still living with them ?

i thought you switched over long time back . I do see Jio fibre around your place :) :)

Not reliable. Works with a mind of it's own. I switched over to Jio some 1.6 years back and i am a super happy customer with barely any downtime in this time. Mind you, I work from home and reliable connectivity is super important for me.

Another problem is that their recovery teams. Despite telling them that i have surrendered their modems et all, they keep on following up after more than a year. Forced to warn them, than only they stopped calling .

Are you on Jio Giga Fibre ? Can you PM me the number of local guy or how to get in touch with them

I'm in Noida (near Logix mall).
Hathway is pretty bad.
I lived with them for 1.3 years before giving up. Last year, they had continuous connection issues at my place for over a month, with no resolution. The CC team would mark the complaint as resolved after 48 hours automatically. Their promised data speed and real speeds (and FUP) would differ. I emailed their nodal officer multiple times, to no benefit.
Got them to disconnect and take the modem even when I had over 4 months of service left. Absolutely pathetic staff and service.
Currently have both Jio and Airtel at my place. Jio, as promised, keeps on hitting 98-100 mbps without issues (and is free). Airtel only gives 40 mbps (waiting for their 300 mbps service). Both of them have been stellar so far.

Those who are expecting truly UNLIMITED broadband plans are surely in for a disappointment.

I am expecting FUP limits starting at 1TB and up to 5TB. Since we're talking of 4K content streaming.

100Mbps up to 1TB for Rs. 700 which might include a simple bouquet of channels. Since we usually talk about cost per GB, ACT fibernet is offering a 1gb data at 1Gbps speed for 1 rupee.

I expect the rates the to be same.

Up to 250mbps - 1GB could be well below 65p
and
Speeds up to 500mbps - 1GB could be around 80p
and
Speeds up to 1000mbps - 1gb of data to be well under 1rupee.

More 48hrs to end the suspense!

Those who are expecting truly UNLIMITED broadband plans are surely in for a disappointment.

I am expecting FUP limits starting at 1TB and up to 5TB. Since we're talking of 4K content streaming.

100Mbps up to 1TB for Rs. 700 which might include a simple bouquet of channels. Since we usually talk about cost per GB, ACT fibernet is offering a 1gb data at 1Gbps speed for 1 rupee.

I expect the rates the to be same.

Up to 250mbps - 1GB could be well below 65p
and
Speeds up to 500mbps - 1GB could be around 80p
and
Speeds up to 1000mbps - 1gb of data to be well under 1rupee.

More 48hrs to end the suspense!
Truly there is nothing like unlimited in broadband/hosting services.
Everything is bundled with FUP..
include a simple bouquet of channels.
ANY LIST of this channels ?

FUP limits starting at 1TB and up to 5TB.
This will hardly sustain for a week.. YES 4k content only on 55+ inch tvs.

Have fun
IMG-20190905-WA0009.jpeg
IMG-20190905-WA0010.jpeg
IMG-20190905-WA0011.jpeg

Their content strategy with IPTV, STBs, movies, games could have been interesting but with these prices and JIO's quality, and I don't even expect their software part to be any good. Maybe they'll offer a free offer and change near future like 4g. Also don't get why ACT, Airtel, Hathway, local ISPs haven't started IPTV with good quality bundled STBs when they're already giving fibre. I think Tata still charges the Moon for their overpriced STB. TRAI should make a standard for universal STB so Xiaomi or someone comes up with something

Back