Jio Gigafiber rollout

The real hypocrisy here is Hathway (owned by jio) offers truly unlimited 100mbps plans for less than 600 and here they are... with 100GB & another 50Gb for you (For only next 6 months as a part of promotion).

*Most interesting part is PREPAID plans for which you've to add GST 18%, Isn't it called POSTPAID.

Anyway, They're following the ACT Broadband type model, Pay the Bill early till 10th and continue the services for the entire month!

Last edited:
The real hypocrisy here is Hathway (owned by jio) offers truly unlimited 100mbps plans for less than 600 and here they are... with 100GB & another 50Gb for you (For only next 6 months as a part of promotion).

Kya kisi ne tumhare se bheek manga tha?
Not everywhere though.

I'm stuck with DOCSIS Hathway till 50 mbps or copper Airtel till 40 mbps plans in my locality. For 100 mbps and speed, only option is Jio. :(

Ty bro, does this levies to Mumbai western suburubs too ? Goregaon precisely .

can you make that thing in a proper image to let my society know please ?

Ty vm again.
Post automatically merged:

Please ellaborate... Hathway does has FUP spreaded across local vendors and I agree with same..
But non of local vendors are aware when people watch real 4K content or above *which is hardly INDIAN*.
Data swipes within 1 weekend.. .

Hathway is double talk people (not talking about local service providers who provides Hathway service but Main ...).

First while accepting payment they promise you all Offers (free Months + Free Data etc. etc), but once you pay them, they just change all plan/service to basic offer (not adding extra Month + DATA as per promise).

After sending more than 50 emails (yes, 50 email in one month) they agreed and add EXTRA Month + GB to account and ... if after 10-15 days if you check your account again, than again you will find that they REVERSED all Extra Benefits and just allow you base pack with NO OFFER.

.. and again requires to send them emails and all.... story going on.....

Once my existing pack with Hathway get over I will change to JIO Fibre (hope JIO will provide service + extra benefits as per offer and not need to contact them and keep checking)

Hathway is double talk people (not talking about local service providers who provides Hathway service but Main ...).

First while accepting payment they promise you all Offers (free Months + Free Data etc. etc), but once you pay them, they just change all plan/service to basic offer (not adding extra Month + DATA as per promise).

After sending more than 50 emails (yes, 50 email in one month) they agreed and add EXTRA Month + GB to account and ... if after 10-15 days if you check your account again, than again you will find that they REVERSED all Extra Benefits and just allow you base pack with NO OFFER.

.. and again requires to send them emails and all.... story going on.....

Once my existing pack with Hathway get over I will change to JIO Fibre (hope JIO will provide service + extra benefits as per offer and not need to contact them and keep checking)
Similar issues.

IN fact I used Hathway for about 8 months. First 6 months, decent service, ok uptime etc. Then I paid for their 6 months back, and the next 2 months were pathetic. Shit speeds, frequent disconnections, CC calls getting solved without real resolution etc. I was so fed up I asked them to disconnect and pick up the router even when I had 4 months of service left. The ****ing router was increasing my BP. :mad:

Similar issues.

IN fact I used Hathway for about 8 months. First 6 months, decent service, ok uptime etc. Then I paid for their 6 months back, and the next 2 months were pathetic. Shit speeds, frequent disconnections, CC calls getting solved without real resolution etc. I was so fed up I asked them to disconnect and pick up the router even when I had 4 months of service left. The ****ing router was increasing my BP. :mad:

hmm, it means Hathway Broadband have UNIVERSAL Policy to TReat subscribers.... need to stay away such service providers.

The Annual plans make it decent for people who don't have much options in their locality, the 1299 plan data limit doubles to 1TB and you also get two months extra.

JioFiber Data Plans Compared with Airtel, BSNL & ACT Fibernet

1.png

In all this I can't understand why Jio couldn't do IPTV, did DoT really block them free peering? I think that may be the case given Airtel and others aren't doing it too.
For the FUP, i think they can differentiate prices based on speed and bundles like now and offer very cheap data recharges - 100GB for 60rs and so on till 1TB.

US has duopoly because at most regions, there is only either of the two major operators available, and they willingly keep out of each other's areas. That is not the case with India, Airtel will fight Jio in all cities, causing competition.
When multiple players turn into a duopoly, forget about competition. The rivals will chock (and choke) their blocks, and will keep out of each others area. Best serves their interest.

In fact 2 players isn't a duopoly, it's a cartel.

US has duopoly because at most regions, there is only either of the two major operators available, and they willingly keep out of each other's areas. That is not the case with India, Airtel will fight Jio in all cities, causing competition.

There is a very good episode of Patriot act by Hasan Minhaj on Netflix titled "Why your internet sucks" which talks about internet in US.

Back