Jio Gigafiber rollout

Quite a sad launch. Not expected from Reliance as their launches have been over the top to try and kill competition.
Airtel and others must be relieved that they dont have to offer more to customers to keep em.

How much was it earlier ? im happy on my 849 plan with 150 GB + 1000 GB free for 1 year. Once that runs out, might change to higher plan or service.

How much was it earlier ? im happy on my 849 plan with 150 GB + 1000 GB free for 1 year. Once that runs out, might change to higher plan or service.
Was 400 gb I guess.

I've the most basic plan as a backup. 749 plus taxes for 105 gb. Issue is that Airtel only provides 40 mbps in my area. For anything higher, the only option is Jio.

Was 400 gb I guess.

I've the most basic plan as a backup. 749 plus taxes for 105 gb. Issue is that Airtel only provides 40 mbps in my area. For anything higher, the only option is Jio.

True that, I only get max 25 Mbps, How about you?
It is ok for my needs for now. Jio in near future I guess :D

True that, I only get max 25 Mbps, How about you?
It is ok for my needs for now. Jio in near future I guess :D
I get 40. Never had speed issues with promised speeds wrt Airtel. But they aren't laying fiber in my society. :(
The society next door is running on 300 mbps Airtel. :(

I get 40. Never had speed issues with promised speeds wrt Airtel. But they aren't laying fiber in my society. :(
The society next door is running on 300 mbps Airtel. :(

I am such a tool. I finally saw that I am on 24 Mbps plan. Tried changing my plan but there is no 40 Mbps where I stay, only 24.
Surprising thing is I complained and magically, my speeds are now 30 Mbps. I wonder if they throttle speeds somehow to keep me under 30 while I might have a 40 Mbps capable connection but not offering :/

I wonder if they throttle speeds somehow to keep me under 30 while I might have a 40 Mbps capable connection but not offering :/

It's possible your wiring is at a higher distance to their "server room" so the speeds can't reach 40 mbps due to signal losses.

I am such a tool. I finally saw that I am on 24 Mbps plan. Tried changing my plan but there is no 40 Mbps where I stay, only 24.
Surprising thing is I complained and magically, my speeds are now 30 Mbps. I wonder if they throttle speeds somehow to keep me under 30 while I might have a 40 Mbps capable connection but not offering :/
It's possible your wiring is at a higher distance to their "server room" so the speeds can't reach 40 mbps due to signal losses.

What Vishal said. Else copper lines can reach 40 easily. Maybe there's a capacity limit in your area ?

If i were to believe rumors, Jio will revise plan in the next 2 months, 20 days to give something better on par with Airtel, at least.

How many of you agree that the guy heading Jio Fiber should be dismissed right away, for his stupid rollout plan.

We understand the last mile roll out can be a expensive process, that too 1600 cities but plans like these that too, worst than Airtel. Nah!

If i were to believe rumors, Jio will revise plan in the next 2 months, 20 days to give something better on par with Airtel, at least.

How many of you agree that the guy heading Jio Fiber should be dismissed right away, for his stupid rollout plan.

We understand the last mile roll out can be a expensive process, that too 1600 cities but plans like these that too, worst than Airtel. Nah!

It was very surprising because Reliance has always entered a market with a solid plan to eliminate competition even if it means losses initially.
Their plans are same to decent as compared to others for many cities where access to good broadband is still an issue. Maybe they have tier 2,3 cities in mind.
But in India, pricing and data per month is everything so they will have to do something quickly or else it will all be a memory.

It's looking a bit like the 4g service launch as the commercial services aren't starting, though it makes no sense to give the prices so high since BB is a long haul and people won't install for a temp free offer. I never got why they priced so high when their strategy seems to be selling content. Also they are giving TV with so many channels(I don't have Jio so don't know if they give worthy channels though) on their mobile app for so cheap

Tie-up with Local cable operator (Paying them for service) to provide Broadband Service may be reason behind higher price plan.

is there any plan for jio to alleviate the stupidity they did with their plans. For my usage 100 MBPS Is more than sufficient but i cant have more than 200 GB + 200 GB data in that price. Ultimately i fall back on 1 MBPS which is absurd. To make it more complex, their web site have no plans where in i can add more data if i finish this 400 GB . There is no option for any top up what so ever.

It does't help that their custmer care sucks big time. Have not been able to talk to morons about this despite trying multiple times. I am hoping that they will amned these plans or release some top up plans else i intend to get it disconnected and move over to hathway or airtel..

is there any plan for jio to alleviate the stupidity they did with their plans. For my usage 100 MBPS Is more than sufficient but i cant have more than 200 GB + 200 GB data in that price. Ultimately i fall back on 1 MBPS which is absurd. To make it more complex, their web site have no plans where in i can add more data if i finish this 400 GB . There is no option for any top up what so ever.

It does't help that their custmer care sucks big time. Have not been able to talk to morons about this despite trying multiple times. I am hoping that they will amned these plans or release some top up plans else i intend to get it disconnected and move over to hathway or airtel..
200+200 is for 6 mths only, after that it will be 200 gb only. Other option is pay for 12 months and get 4800 gb.

Back