Jio Gigafiber rollout

200+200 is for 6 mths only, after that it will be 200 gb only. Other option is pay for 12 months and get 4800 gb.

yeah.. that 4800 will be finished in 5-6 months and than keep doing 199 rs recharge each week for 1 TB of data. again absurdness is that this is for 7 days only....seems like guy making their plans were high of malana cream... never knew it reached mumbai so easily ..:banghead::banghead:

Hi , is there any restrictions on Torrent clients on Jio ? Are you guys able to download and seed properly?

Which plans would you suggest for someone with around 200Gb usage p.m , mostly on streaming services like Prime, Hotstar, Youtube, Netflix (all of these are up for renewal in my case)

Hi , is there any restrictions on Torrent clients on Jio ? Are you guys able to download and seed properly?

Which plans would you suggest for someone with around 200Gb usage p.m , mostly on streaming services like Prime, Hotstar, Youtube, Netflix (all of these are up for renewal in my case)
No, i dont face any issues when downloading torrents or direct transfer.
849 plan would suit you. If you pay 12 mths upfront, you will get 200+200 gb for 12 mths. OR 12+2 mths subs free.

What are they smoking? Airtel in Hyderabad is providing 200 mpbs with unlimited data (3.3TB according to their app) all for just Rs. 999 + Taxes. I do get more than 200 mbps in Speedtest to default servers. Normal downloads with IDM gets me around 20MB/Sec (over 160 mpbs).

What are they smoking? Airtel in Hyderabad is providing 200 mpbs with unlimited data (3.3TB according to their app) all for just Rs. 999 + Taxes. I do get more than 200 mbps in Speedtest to default servers. Normal downloads with IDM gets me around 20MB/Sec (over 160 mpbs).
Yeah, their plans are shit if you've access to other fiber services.
But for majority of India (even me for example), a decent uninterrupted 100 mbps is still something unattainable unless you get Jio.
In my area (Noida, Sec 35, almost in the middle of the city i would say), only option is Airtel 40 mbps. Thats it. Nothing else.
I've used Jio's 500 mbps plan, and its tough to go back now.

Just got JioFiber connectivity at my place in December. Surprisingly, they're cheaper than what I paid Hathway last for my annual plan.

Is it worth switching to Jio since I've seen all sorts of feedback these days, can't tell if they're worth the switch??

I don't particularly have a need for high upload speeds, unless it's so poor that it interferes in normal usage.

Jio's rates for the download speeds are quite better than Hathway from what I remember was on offer that's why I was looking at them

I don't particularly have a need for high upload speeds, unless it's so poor that it interferes in normal usage.

Jio's rates for the download speeds are quite better than Hathway from what I remember was on offer that's why I was looking at them
which plan were you using from hathway?
They easily give atleast 1000gb for most plans.

which plan were you using from hathway?
They easily give atleast 1000gb for most plans.

100Mbps Freedom plan - essentially Hathway are smart - I've said this before, they really don't care about your data consumption as they know there are very very few people who will exceed this limit - hence they throw away data like nobody's business, but refuse to drop prices.

I'm currently paying 6700/- for 6 months (half yearly) plan. Surprisingly, they don't publish this plan on their site - it seems they have customised a lot of plans depending on the location and customer types. I've been one of their first GPON customers in my area.

while initially the prices were great - over the last couple of years they raised them, which is when I realised they began to use the unlimited data/data limits as a bargaining chip to lure customers into higher plans - but on several occassions despite having busted the limits - they really didn't limit the speeds.

Just got JioFiber connectivity at my place in December. Surprisingly, they're cheaper than what I paid Hathway last for my annual plan.

Is it worth switching to Jio since I've seen all sorts of feedback these days, can't tell if they're worth the switch??
I have being using Jio for more than 2 years. Paid plans are expensive, but don't have an option as Airtel in my area is limited to 40mbps.
Speeds are consistent. I believe international routing has improved as I get better download speeds when using torrent to https from Singapore/US servers.

Jio trying all sort of cheap stunts with double data vouchers.

You can redeem the additional data from the “My vouchers” tab in the MyJio app. This will be added to your plan and can be used after your existing data get over. The validity of your voucher will be according to the validity of the plan.

W8w7B3p.png

Back