Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More to crib on[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
e88df56ab8db81b96f972e53c0d59484.jpg

The one good thing about these new plans is 149 has gone to 4.2GB/28 days. For us with good broadband, this is awesome.

The one good thing about these new plans is 149 has gone to 4.2GB/28 days. For us with good broadband, this is awesome.

But the 459 plan (84 days) is essentially Rs.153 per month and you get 1GB daily instead of 0.15GB per day cap of 149 plan.

I got that, right now the 459 is better than 149, but the way this is going they might increase the rate further after another 3 months or so. And all the plans have gotten costlier, 149 is the only plan which got better, from 2gb/month. There may be some people who can't/don't want to take 3 months plans at a time.

When they first came out with these plans it was first 90 days (303), then 84 at 399, now 70. So pretty obvious they're promotional offers and not long term.

The difference between Jio and others is slowly reducing. And with the market consolidation and mergers taking place the incumbents would be slightly stronger than they are currently. Airtel is expanding their volte network gradually, probably Vodafone will do the same.[DOUBLEPOST=1508460179][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm unable to see a long term graph or even details of my usage summary in my jio account but i think my daily usage was less than 100mb per day. Anyone know how we can see detailed for more than a couple days?[DOUBLEPOST=1508460369][/DOUBLEPOST]
Same as JioPhone. 153/tm (Telecos month)

:D[DOUBLEPOST=1508460576][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you let it buffer, yes. Most of us were on 512 Kbps luxury for a long time. YouTube was around then as well.

And in 1947 we had no cellphones. So things are better now right??!!!

The point people are making is that Jio first enticed people with awesome plans and offers and now actually going backwards in quality. Of course for those who understand what kind of company Reliance is, this is no surprise and actually expected.[DOUBLEPOST=1508460772][/DOUBLEPOST]
More to crib on[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Hey look it's the local TE anti-crib police.

Just like you keep promoting Jio and your favourite products/companies here, others have a right to post their sometimes negative opinions. And you have no right to keep criticizing others who don't match your personal viewpoint as crying/cribbing. You're nothing but an online bully hiding behind anonymity. Grow up kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
The point people are making is that Jio first enticed people with awesome plans and offers and now actually going backwards in quality. Of course for those who understand what kind of company Reliance is, this is no surprise and actually expected.

Exactly. But, still way better than what the others are offering.

Exactly. But, still way better than what the others are offering.

True, for now, pricing is still better although the incumbents are fighting hard with competing offers. Although i've noticed crappy speeds and browsing on Jio lately. Speedtest shows 12mbps, pages open after a minute sometimes. Last evening couldn't even connect to TE. But opened fine in a web proxy. Torrent ports used to be open earlier, now everything is blocked.[DOUBLEPOST=1508496754][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm pretty sure the speed reduction to 64k is to push people to recharge with their data booster add-on like the 1gb Rs. 51 because people will really get frustrated at that speed if they finish their daily quota.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said the opposite. 128 Kbps was manageable, not 64 Kbps. English is not that hard.

Alright, i misunderstood. I apologise for being confused by your statement:

If you let it buffer, yes. Most of us were on 512 Kbps luxury for a long time. YouTube was around then as well.

Regardless, your rationalisation is absurd. If you let it buffer, even 64kbps will load.

Ok, so Jio shook up the market. They did a lot of good. But we're calling them out on the bad. Not ok?

More like he needs to stop thinking of this site as his sounding board.

Ironically, the sounding boards I see are those who are politicising things.[DOUBLEPOST=1508503964][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jio is like any other provider we have now.

Not really. Jio is still better than the others, because with the others - Vodafone, Airtel, there is no unlimited plans, and if there is, its surely 64kbps post 3G/4G speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back