Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if notifications for jio4gvoice app are blocked, one doesnt even get to know about incoming sms as they show up dialer like the incoming call does. And user doesnt even know whether for some reason, that app is offline or not unless he opens the dialer. So with app being offline, user wont even get incoming call.

if notifications for jio4gvoice app are blocked, one doesnt even get to know about incoming sms as they show up dialer like the incoming call does. And user doesnt even know whether for some reason, that app is offline or not unless he opens the dialer. So with app being offline, user wont even get incoming call.
This is not a problem for phones with volte support

Went for an early recharge since its less than 47 days left.

Redeemed ₹50 cashback voucher for RC499 which comes down to ₹449 for 91 days = ₹4.93/day.

Even RC459 is a bit cheaper ₹4.86/day but i wanted more validity.

MyJIo app is the biggest adware you can put on your mobile. I got a lot of calls and sms asking me to recharge Jio. It almost became a nuisance.
Truecaller?[DOUBLEPOST=1513677345][/DOUBLEPOST]
They don't just show ads via notifications whenever you close their app they pop up covering whole screen.
In that case just uninstall the damn app. You don't need that anyway. Just recharge it for 91 days you're set.

In my office Jio works great, but today it wasn't even giving 5KBps for browsing. Others had the same issue. Only I know how hard was it to spend the whole day at office. Going home now :D

I get 50 MBps free WIFI in office and everywhere else (Gurgaon) Jio works great. Some people in some areas do face call disconnects. For me it was simple : Rs. 2094 for full year with Jio (Best internet/maybe some call disconnects in some areas) VS Rs. 7065.84 for full year with Airtel (postpaid/slower internet and some call connecting issues) It was a no brainer for me. If Jio gets better I'll be happier. It it gets worse I'll port out to Airtel prepaid not POST.

Capturedetee.PNG

1. Their subscribers addition has fallen down, So plans like this are ought to be introduced
2. They're trying to change spending habits of customers. Just like i mentioned several times in the last 2 months.

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/238483/reliance-jio-happy-new-year-2018-plans.html

Last edited:
View attachment 73236

1. Their subscribers addition has fallen down, So plans like this are ought to be introduced
2. They're trying to change spending habits of customers. Just like i mentioned several times in the last 2 months.

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/238483/reliance-jio-happy-new-year-2018-plans.html
I used to pay 199 bucks for 1GB/Month spotty 3G in bsnl plus another recharge for phone calls.

Now I'm getting 1GB/Day 4G along with free phone calls for 199rs. I'll be continuing with jio along with occasional recharge of my main number.
Jio calls are still iffy when calling people in villages

I used to pay 199 bucks for 1GB/Month spotty 3G in bsnl plus another recharge for phone calls.

Now I'm getting 1GB/Day 4G along with free phone calls for 199rs. I'll be continuing with jio along with occasional recharge of my main number.
This is really hard for some to understand, I use to pay around 5k for my bills now I'm just paying 1k, I have free calls on my landlines, Use to pay 1500 per month for my broad band connection now its 350 a month with more data and faster speed.

Last edited:

I managed two of my friends to port out to Jio from Voda as they were paying average 1500 a month (Rs.18000 an year!). Now they pay Rs. 175 (Rs. 2094 yearly as per current Jio tarrifs) a month and getting better services.

Reliance-Jio-Surprise-Cashback.jpg

Highlights of Jio surprise cashback offer:
  • 100% cash back vouchers of JIO worth Rs. 400 (Rs 50 x 8) on every Jio tariff plan recharge of Rs 399 or above.
  • Instant cashback of up to Rs. 300 on every recharge by Jio’s partner wallets
  • Jio special vouchers up to Rs. 2600 from e-commerce partners – Grofers, OYO, Yatra, Paytm Mall, Big Basket and Zoomcar

Is the service really worth it when competitors are also slashing prices? Vodafone just introduced 198 plan for 28 days that gives 1gb/day and unlimited calling and free roaming. I'm using Airtel and I recharge for 448 in which I get 70 days of unlimited calling and 1GB/day.

Has the Jio voice call to different service providers improved?

Is the service really worth it when competitors are also slashing prices? Vodafone just introduced 198 plan for 28 days that gives 1gb/day and unlimited calling and free roaming. I'm using Airtel and I recharge for 448 in which I get 70 days of unlimited calling and 1GB/day.

Has the Jio voice call to different service providers improved?
If you are satisfied with airtel, don't move out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back