Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jio understood over these days that nobody will pay for their previously proposed plans of : Rs 499 for 4gb data per month considering the patchy & poor connectivity service It offers.

Now it makes a sense to keep Jio Sim for data at least ; it's a good plan anyway. Idea and Airtel shares expectedly fell by 1 - 3% and reliance shares climbed up after the announcement.

Rightly said. Patchy network, average speeds, Call connect issues to Rcom,BSNL & Airtel

8yugqe.jpg

Rs 7/Gb. :D:D:D:D:D

Just would like to mention that check the band your phone is on. If Band 3, then its surely going to be crap.

Not always, one day last week I was getting crap speeds on band 40 and decided to do some testing. I was getting the best speeds on band 5, slightly worse on 3 and worst on 40. Same place, same position as usual. So i guess it also has to do with congestion etc. Heck, maybe even the weather...

They do have pretty wide coverage, gotta give em that. Just QoS is lacking.

@vivek.krishnan @Julian how the hell do i change 4g band on my mobile
2 months ago someone here suggested that but didn't reply as to how and google couldn't help me either
Only results i found were that you have to download some app depending on your processor and that it could brick your phone
I own moto e3 power

Last edited:
@vivek.krishnan @Julian how the hell do i change 4g band on my mobile
2 months ago someone here suggested that but didn't reply as to how and google couldn't help me either
Only results i found were that you have to download some app depending on your processor and that it could brick your phone
I own moto e3 power

LOL. I hacked my nvram and semi-bricked my phone. Semi as in got stuck in the forced band and couldn't change back to any other. Had to restore a qcn to get it working again.

The easy and relatively 'safe' way is to use Network Signal Guru. Band locking works well enough and clear all restores everything back to normal. Ridiculously detailed app. Couple versions ago they made band locking paid only but reverted shortly after due to public outcry.

Even after 3 JIO sims finally took Airtel My infinity Plan 549/ with 100 bucks . Jio is still not prime time for primary number in my area . Jio works where it works otherwise you are screwed .
Band 40 and band 5 works in my area . Band 5 unusable in data . Band 40 signal very weak . Signal vanishes and comes
Calling - you cant call BSNL landline . 7/8 tries . Airtel calling has also gone bad
Biggest issue reliability - was on visit to Delhi with JIO and RCOM postpaid . No signal where i was staying . Got really screwed bad in communication .
Nothing competes Airtel in reliability atleast .
So with 449/ rental have got UL local STD calling , roaming incoming free with 6GB 4G data .
Jio is still there to enjoy the free services but paying 310/ for patchy and unreliable service , BSNL calling issues not worth .
Paying 200/ bucks more than jio but cant help it .
This is where JIO get screwed when CUG connections can never shift to JIO

Rs 303 per month is very good.
people who do job talks a lot. so Rs 303 is cheap.
also for me, it can act as a backup, if landline internet is not working some day.
what I am not sure is if I need to mandatory pay Rs 303 every month once i enroll in it.

Even if one uses 500MB/day and talks for 30mins/day. This offer is a deal breaker.

I don't know why even people are thinking so much about this offer.

But yeah do not make the mistake of porting your primary number. Network is still not up to mark and their network arrangements with BSNL for pan India 2G is still not in action. If that happens you can blindly MNP.

Last edited:
^^ i think in that case you will be get only incoming calls free. No data and no outgoing calls. Because all their plans have UL calling facility with only difference in validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back