Jio : New Plans & Even more data (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrey you don't understand, what they mean is by the time they get their 5g ready, it will have 4g speeds.

Ohhhh that's great. Band 40? How you change bands in mobile? SoC engineering apks?
I downloaded 5.2 GB data in 2-5am free period. Don't know about speed.
How much data you downloaded? 4G Speed isn't constant right?
I am using Idea 4g router which has band 40 & band 3 only. I have jio band 40 & band 5 in my area

I think RS 149 monthly fees for a unlimted voice call is good for people who just want to talk. You will be capped to 128 kbps internet, which good for basic tasks at this price.
Jio prime is good for people who earn money and talk a lot. Rs 300 is not a big deal. 1 Gb per day is enough for casual web browsing and software updates. Also, you get a lot of free stuff which are worth much more than what you will be paying.
JIO won't be able to honor high speed in daytime because they don't have bandwidth. Too many people latched to one tower.

Last edited:
But no. Of freeloaders will go and speed would improve. Not all will pay 303 per month and jio would add their commercial bandwidth.
Now they are using their test bandwidth to stress test their network.

^^correction to my post.
Speed is same as 2 mBps. Only you have to use powerful download manger. I tried downloading some ROMs with UCweb and speed was good. But not constant, varying between 1.5-2.1 mBps.

If one were in to download business, You can still download at least 10GB during 2-5AM. :D :D

300GB + 30GB. WIN-WIN even for Free-loaders :p

You mean those currently on the free offer, can keep using it from 2am-5am post April? without recharging ANYTHING? Or have to move to prime at 99 and then NOT recharge for 303/pm ?

Hola Hola. Just learnt these New Plans are available from April 1st along with ₹303.

capture1132535-png.69244
[DOUBLEPOST=1488290346][/DOUBLEPOST]
You mean those currently on the free offer, can keep using it from 2am-5am post April? without recharging ANYTHING? Or have to move to prime at 99 and then NOT recharge for 303/pm ?
After April with Prime membership.

The above ₹499 plan looks VFM than ₹303.

Last edited:
I am thinking of jumping to the 499 postpaid plan as well. Since I will enable auto debit, I should be getting an additional 15% benefits. Plus on postpaid, its 30 days, not 28 days...

1. This 28 days prepaid BS has gotta stop. Why is jio following the rest of the crowd by doing this i dunno.
2. The 499 makes sense for those who are absolutely not gonna use 2am-5am. Else 1gb/day should be enough.
3. The 999 actually makes more sense than the 499 since its for 60 days with 4gb more plus you can choose how you use your GBs. Dunno what i was smoking...
4. 149 is pretty good for low usage people since it's now 2gb/month. add-on 1gb for 51 bucks is pretty sweet too. sad they didn't give it the unltd fup too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good plans. Seems like they thought of losing people by just giving 303 rs plan and offered 149 rs plan. I just miss one thing from the beginning in all these plans. All jio apps usage should not be counted. I mean whats use of giving free live TV when is data is counted? So if data is being counted, jio apps are partially useless (except ones which offer 2-5 am scheduled downloads).

Edit: WHAT? FUP for calls? :D Forget it then.

This is exactly what i expected from reliance. All cant be fair with it, is it (with reliance)?
Bringing new (sometimes hidden) conditions. Good that atleast some are known beforehand.

Last edited:
The Rs. 51 1gb add-on also gives 90 mins calling?[DOUBLEPOST=1488305266][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol converted my nice vodafone talk plan to prepaid. Serves me right.

Now i think avoid shares should take a decent jump after calling FUP on JIO. 1000 mins pm calling isnt much at all.

So much for the claim by jio. 'Calling will be always free'

.^ Their only claim of ₹50/GB seems true.

They're shelling out 14p/minute to incumbent operators. So it should be 20p at least to make profit on calling.

If you consider 1k mins its coming down to 10p/min (approx). Still cheap but if you want to talk more take an add-on.

So much confusing to be honest. It'll take time to understand usage patterns.

On my older vodafone DV499 plan i used to get 800 local + 400 std and some months i would exceed that.

Here's an example:

upload_2017-3-1_0-8-17.png

So yes, 1000 minutes is not much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back