JioFi 2, 3 or 4?

I got a Jio Prime connection for use with my desktop PC and was wondering which JioFi device to buy, 2, 3 or 4?
Reports say JioFi 2 gives significantly better speeds and for that reason JioFi 3 has been retracted.
And I didn't even know JioFi 4 existed until recently.

Also since I will be using the device with my desktop via USB, is it possible to use it without the battery?
I am not comfortable with having a battery powered device being charged 24x7 via USB.

Lastly, and this is just a petty doubt that the shopkeeper put in my mind, but JioFi doesn't need a wifi receiver when using with a desktop correct? I can just directly connect it using the included USB cable.

Shopkeeper was convinced I would need a wifi receiver if I wanted to use JioFi with a desktop PC.

Thanks for the input.

I ended up getting JioFi3 on an impulse, I was in the shop and it was in front of me :bored:.
I guess the lower specs won't bother me as I only plan to use it as a backup Internet and won't be connecting any WiFi devices.

One thing to note is that even though JioFi3 is stated to support only 10 WiFi devices, my packaging clearly says it can support 31.
So maybe they upgraded the specs in later product refreshes.

Also in case anyone was wondering, it can be used without the battery. So if all you need is a backup Internet connected to your PC via USB, no need to unnecessarily risk an overtime bloated battery.

Also in case anyone was wondering, it can be used without the battery. So if all you need is a backup Internet connected to your PC via USB, no need to unnecessarily risk an overtime bloated battery.

Modern batteries don't suffer from overcharging, this was true in the past but not anymore

Thanks for the input.

I ended up getting JioFi3 on an impulse, I was in the shop and it was in front of me :bored:.
I guess the lower specs won't bother me as I only plan to use it as a backup Internet and won't be connecting any WiFi devices.

One thing to note is that even though JioFi3 is stated to support only 10 WiFi devices, my packaging clearly says it can support 31.
So maybe they upgraded the specs in later product refreshes.

It can be used without battery when connected via USB to PC or router. Friends mifi battery bulged. Now he is using without battery

Yep figured something like that was in the books.
These devices are Designed in India and Made in Vietnam.

I mean there's a slip among the box contents that says "Do Not Drop" :tearsofjoy:.

Back