JioPhone

^ saw that yesterday. Quality of the review is bad imo. In the very starting he couldn't even be bothered to read the pamplet and made a mistake. Then he said 500GB of free data per day. Is he nuts? No internet service provider will give 500GB per day.

Anyway, back to the phone, it reminds me of old 2 inch tft symbian phones. Old people and villagers will like this phone. Most old people cant get used to the swipe and call etc thing on smart phones.

^ Dude was nervous for some reason, I could see his hands trembling. After switching on the phone he opens the phone to show battery, SIM slot etc.. Professional reviewer apparently.

Phone is decent for its price, Quality looks like the routine Basic phones. I was surprised to some the browsing speeds even on that 30% Signal (If you'd observe properly)

I had briefly handled the phone about 10 days ago. It was surprisingly better built that i thought it would be. But still felt kinda tacky. Very large for a feature phone. Screen was pretty decent quality. But too small imo for any decent media or internet use.

https://telecomtalk.info/jiophone-c...herwise-jio-asks-to-return-the-device/168498/

Another highlighted term is that Reliance JioPhone should recharge the feature phone every month. “The Jio Phone is available for continued use on the Recipient purchasing telecom recharge vouchers of an Authorised Carrier (presently Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited) from the Company or any of its authorised retailers for use in the Jio Phone of a minimum value of Rs. 1,500/- per annum for a period of 3 years from the date of the first issue of the Jio Phone,” Jio website reads.

So, you have to spend over Rs. 4,500 only on recharges with the JioPhone. That said, your entire cost of the device will come to Rs. 6,000. Furthermore, if a user fails to recharge worth at least Rs. 1,500, the company has the right to ask the customers to return the handset. Also, these customers have to pay an additional amount as per the company.

BS lying company just like the govt they own.

It's funny, people say jio is better than AVoId, which is also true, just like people compare BJP with congress. But the fact is they're ALL crooks.

• Jio has clearly stated on its terms and conditions page that in order to use JioPhone, user needs to spend atleast Rs 1500 every year. This is what the clause 2(b) of the terms and conditions reads- "The JioPhone is available for continued use on the Recipient purchasing telecom recharge vouchers of an Authorized Carrier (presently Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited) from the Company or any of its authorized retailers for use in the JioPhone of a minimum value of Rs 1,500 per annum for a period of 3 years from the date of the first issue of the JioPhone," this is what the company's page reads.
Meaning - Minimum recharge of 1500 equals = 10 months of mandatory recharges in an year.

JioPhone rooting can lead to non-refund of security
The clause 2(c) of the terms and conditions page states that users will not be liable for any security refund if he/she makes any "rooting attempts, reverse engineering, unlocking or jail-breaking of the JioPhone or original firmware(s) or software(s) of the JioPhone."

JioPhone comes with SIM-locked feature
This isn't anything new about the JioPhone. We know that JioPhone will only support Jio SIM but this sure is a limitation. The phone will locked to a Jio SIM and you can't use other network's SIM on your JioPhone. " The Company may, solely at its discretion, allow the use of the JioPhone with any other compatible network from time to time. "

Tampering of JioPhone will lead to non-refund of security deposit
JioPhone is a contract phone which means you won't get your security money back if you've tampered or damaged your JioPhone.

You have to use JioPhone for 36 months for full refund
Jio had said that it will refund the security deposit but it did not clear on when can the phone be returned. The company has now clearly talked about the 'Early return charges', wherein if the phone is returned before 36 months, it will lead to the deduction from the security deposit.

• Upto 12 months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone -- Rs 1,500 plus applicable GST or other taxes.
  • After 12 months and up to 24 months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone-- Rs 1,000 plus applicable GST or other taxes.
  • After 24 months and up to 36 months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone-- Rs 500 plus applicable GST or other taxes.
Source: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/techno...ules-from-jio-on-how-to-use-it/1/1056958.html

Last edited:
why would anyone want to root that low end crappy phone or tamper with its java software?

Q: Were there other sim locked phones on contract in India before or is this the first one? I know cdma was locked but did those phones have sim in it?

Will it come with sim bundled and locked to same sim ? Will other Jio sim work with it or not ?

P.S. I just booked the phone for kick, so not sure weather to take it or not.

Back