JioPhone

Here's the Tv cable in action: https://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/first-look-at-the-jiophone-tv-cable-37286.html

It seems to have a converter box and an A/C power adapter. So not exactly portable. Practically usable in one location. I mean you cant just roll up the cable, put it in your pocket and then connect it to your friend's tv at his house when you go over for beer and the final match. (i don't have a tv)

Great that it has HDMI as well. Looks like MHL maybe? I think the power adaptor might be because of RCA?

The cable itself seems to be a regular USB cable, surprisingly, with microUSB at the phone end and a Type-A at the other which connects to the converter box. There are two variants of box though, one with RCA out and one with HDMI (looks like regular size). This is another bummer, why didn't they have one box with mutliple options?

Any idea on how much duration of TV can be watched via this adapter + JioPhone in a day? Is it capped to data limit of 500MB ?

^^ Since current JioTV data usage is deducted from the daily/monthly balance, most probably...

Any idea on how much duration of TV can be watched via this adapter + JioPhone in a day? Is it capped to data limit of 500MB ?

MA said 2-3 hours per day. There was some recommendation which said get the ₹ 499 plan, which gives 2 GB per day for better results.

Another thing is heating issue. Not sure how much Jio phone can survive with such a setup.

Only 1GB data (later 64kbps unlimited), If you need extra data can go with 11, 21, 51 and 101

a1FXDzJ.jpg

Back