Jio's LYF Smartphones

swatkats

Skilled
The Lyf Earth 1 is the premium phone of all the three and sports a 13MP + 2MP dual rear camera with flash and HDR. It comes with dual Camera modes like ChromaFLash, Re-Focus, Fast Focus, Foregrounder, Optizoom.

vceIuQU.jpg

Lyf Earth 1 specifications

Rs. 23,990
  • 5.5-inch full-HD (1920×1080 pixels) AMOLED display
  • 1.5 GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 MSM8939
  • 3 GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable upto 32GB via micro SD
  • Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
  • Dual SIM
  • 13MP + 2MP dual rear camera with flash
  • 5MP front camera with HDR and flash
  • Dimensions: 154×76.6×7.25mm; Weight: 162.5 gms
  • 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS
  • 3500mAh battery
Lyf Water 1 specifications
Rs.14,999
VWX993G.jpg

• 5-inch (1920 x 1080) LCD display
  • 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable to 32GB via micro SD
  • Dual SIM
  • 13MP rear camera
  • 5MP front camera
  • Dimensions: 142×70.5×6.8mm; Weight: 122gms
  • 4G, 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPRS/ EDGE, GPS
  • 2600mAh battery
Lyf Water 2 specifications
Rs. 14,690

OnyVUYB.png

• 5-inch (1280 x 720) LCD display
  • 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable to 32GB via micro SD
  • Dual SIM
  • 13MP rear camera with Sony Exmor RS IMX-214 lens.
  • 5MP front camera with 80-degree wide angle lens.
  • Dimensions: 144×70.7×7.7mm; Weight: 135gms
  • 4G, 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPRS/ EDGE, GPS
  • 2400mAh battery
Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/17245...-2-go-official-price-starts-at-rs-14-690.html

Over priced for a Chinese phone with those specs even if its branded by Reliance. The price difference between Earth1 and Water1 is absurd.

I have had some hands on Earth 1 and Water 1. Earth 1 is of premium build quality with a glass like back, dual camera and metal frame. Android version is 5.1 which is close to stock android. Performance was smooth. Water 1 is all plastic body with close to stock android. The back again has a glass like look. Water 2 has a Iphone like appearance and is skinned version of android. The camera on all of them is sub-par with a lot of processing going on giving the pictures a - Oil painting like look. I also feel Reliance got the pricing wrong with all the phones as there are lot of competent phones in that price range which offer same or better features with updates

Read somewhere that software patch etc will also be issued per handset to enable 4g( optimization etc). And not all handsets will support initially.

Whats the use of 5000 free sms when one can only send max 100 sms per day? Doesnt that mean only 3000 sms per month are technically possible?

Ambani is a bad bargainer, I'm sure he would have got those phones for way way lesser prolly at the same cost of Xiaomi and Coolpad etc.

If these phones were meant for real sale, Discount them by 50% and give the same freebies.. Will sell like hot cake.
Whats the use of 5000 free sms when one can only send max 100 sms per day? Doesnt that mean only 3000 sms per month are technically possible?
Freebies are supposed to be for some 3months, You can finish off those and btw who uses SMS service now a days. Even my maid switched to Whatsapp :p

Currently VoLTE phones are required if one wants to make calls with Reliance JIO. If the phone is just LTE and not VoLTE, Data will work however calls will not work. There is a app which is supposed to make calls work even with non VoLTE phones but I am yet to test this app out. Atleast it did not work with Lenovo K3 note. I know a friend who tested with a Moto X play. Did not work with it either.

How to makw Jio sim bundled with LYF phone to work with non lyf phones?. I heard it's possible after some tweaks.
not possible, we were able to do it earlier because a bug or they allowed recharge of EMP MiFi Plan 25 GB. but no longer able to recharge that plan. stuck with LYF, using it on my ASUS router in USB teathering mode.

not possible, we were able to do it earlier because a bug or they allowed recharge of EMP MiFi Plan 25 GB. but no longer able to recharge that plan. stuck with LYF, using it on my ASUS router in USB teathering mode.
USB tethering works on routers ?? is it modded ?

Back