Budget 10-15K Jumping ship to Android. How's the G5s Plus?

MarkofTeja

Disciple
I saw a deal on Amazon where I can get the Moto G5s plus for 11k and change. I am sick of Apple phones and am seriously contemplating shifting to Android.

I mostly want to take pics, make youtube videos and have 6-7 apps running at one time. I don't use social media or indulge in gaming on the phone. At best I might watch Netflix on it during flights. I mostly want to use it for work and as an organizer.

Any views on the G5s Plus?

Before looking at the G5S, do look at the Mi Max/2 as well, unless the big screen is a put off - one of my work colleagues uses it, and very happy - mainly as organiser and media watching.

I am not really a fan of Big screens. I am mostly just concerned with a decently fast phone and a good camera.

New MI phone with 2 cameras and possibly OIS is coming in September. If you want to make videos, ideally a point and shoot or dslr is better since they have better optics.

Well I am keen to take advantage of this launch offer. Unless these kinda offers come often ?

I saw a deal on Amazon where I can get the Moto G5s plus for 11k and change. I am sick of Apple phones and am seriously contemplating shifting to Android.

I mostly want to take pics, make youtube videos and have 6-7 apps running at one time. I don't use social media or indulge in gaming on the phone. At best I might watch Netflix on it during flights. I mostly want to use it for work and as an organizer.

Any views on the G5s Plus?

Have used G5s plus for couple of days, This phone can easily handle 5/7 apps or more in background, Battery backup is very good use to get around 5 ➕ hours of SOT with 15/16 hours backup. Dual camera setup is not that amazing buy one cannot crib for the price it comes at.

BTW where can i find the 11k deal for this phone on Amazon.

I was in the same boat, to choose between the G5S Plus or the LG Q6. I even had the Nokia 6 in contention.

Got the LG Q6 as a replacement for my Nexus 5 which was getting a little old at 3.75 years, but works perfect. Mainly for the gorgeous drool worthy screen !

I was skeptical as to how the Q6's SD435 will fare in comparison to the SD 800 Krait on the N5- of course, there is no comparison there.
I don't see too much lag, but obviously things will not be as snappy as in a flagship phone which costed 2X, years ago.

For a 5.5 inches , the screen looks pretty tiny compared to any of the usual candy bar phone, which is actually the USP for me. I wanted something bigger but not heftier. It compares well in weight to the N5(130g) , at 150g; but is actually slimmer and taller. I don't know how they even calculate the screen sizes on these odd ratio phones. It looks positively tiny to my wife's Honor 6X which supposedly has the same screen size.

Its been only a day of usage, will update my first impressions.

Do watch the youtube video by "Geeky Ranjit" about FAQ for Moto G5S Plus - it has a slightly slower responsive camera with autofocus issues and maybe a couple of other minor drawbacks.

Side note - I am set to buy a Nokia 6 (i just need plain android experience for email/browsing/few apps - no camera/music/video etc) whenever it becomes available freely on Amazon and not those annoying "lightning sales" where they want you sit for an hour refreshing your browser like some monkey :D

Do watch the youtube video by "Geeky Ranjit" about FAQ for Moto G5S Plus - it has a slightly slower responsive camera with autofocus issues and maybe a couple of other minor drawbacks.

Side note - I am set to buy a Nokia 6 (i just need plain android experience for email/browsing/few apps - no camera/music/video etc) whenever it becomes available freely on Amazon and not those annoying "lightning sales" where they want you sit for an hour refreshing your browser like some monkey :D

I bought the Mi A1, lets see how it works out. You can get it at Mi Homes as well.

I was in the same boat, to choose between the G5S Plus or the LG Q6. I even had the Nokia 6 in contention.

Got the LG Q6 as a replacement for my Nexus 5 which was getting a little old at 3.75 years, but works perfect. Mainly for the gorgeous drool worthy screen !

I was skeptical as to how the Q6's SD435 will fare in comparison to the SD 800 Krait on the N5- of course, there is no comparison there.
I don't see too much lag, but obviously things will not be as snappy as in a flagship phone which costed 2X, years ago.

For a 5.5 inches , the screen looks pretty tiny compared to any of the usual candy bar phone, which is actually the USP for me. I wanted something bigger but not heftier. It compares well in weight to the N5(130g) , at 150g; but is actually slimmer and taller. I don't know how they even calculate the screen sizes on these odd ratio phones. It looks positively tiny to my wife's Honor 6X which supposedly has the same screen size.

Its been only a day of usage, will update my first impressions.

Hi, Can you please share how the device has fared so far?

When it comes to my experience with the A1, for 15K, I think its bang on the buck, the dual camera setup is nice, and the stock android is a much needed respite from MIUI. USB C is a nice addition. The let downs are the huge bezels, the 3080 mAh battery (fast charging sort of nearly negates the con) and somewhat poor signal reception (could be the rains though)

When it comes to my experience with the A1, for 15K, I think its bang on the buck, the dual camera setup is nice, and the stock android is a much needed respite from MIUI. USB C is a nice addition. The let downs are the huge bezels, the 3080 mAh battery (fast charging sort of nearly negates the con) and somewhat poor signal reception (could be the rains though)

Does the Mi A1 come with a fast charger? Also, what is the volt/amp for fast charging on the A1?

A1 does not support fast charging even with a fast charger. Just watch geekyranjit video. He attached a USB load meter between the charger and phone and the phone charged at 5.1v always. Included charger is 5v 2Amp one.

I did not like the phone after viewing his video to be honest. MI was going on and on about the camera quality in their presentation for around half and hour or more and the output does not match iPhone 7 or OnePlus quality. All hype.

Back