Budget 10-15K Jumping ship to Android. How's the G5s Plus?

MarkofTeja

Disciple
I saw a deal on Amazon where I can get the Moto G5s plus for 11k and change. I am sick of Apple phones and am seriously contemplating shifting to Android.

I mostly want to take pics, make youtube videos and have 6-7 apps running at one time. I don't use social media or indulge in gaming on the phone. At best I might watch Netflix on it during flights. I mostly want to use it for work and as an organizer.

Any views on the G5s Plus?

A1 does not support fast charging even with a fast charger. Just watch geekyranjit video. He attached a USB load meter between the charger and phone and the phone charged at 5.1v always. Included charger is 5v 2Amp one.

I did not like the phone after viewing his video to be honest. MI was going on and on about the camera quality in their presentation for around half and hour or more and the output does not match iPhone 7 or OnePlus quality. All hype.

Actually, it does support fast charging, when I used a 5V, 2A port vs the QC2.0 port on the Aukey, i could see a faster charging with the latter.

BTW, isnt he that guy who looks like a chimp?

Actually, it does support fast charging, when I used a 5V, 2A port vs the QC2.0 port on the Aukey, i could see a faster charging with the latter.

Good to know at least it charges faster than the normal 5V,2A. I think it's a safe assumption to make that xiaomi doesn't have the software processing/HDR capabilities of google or other big OEM's and hardware can only do so much for their asking price. Also for 15k, I certainly wouldn't hope it would beat or come close to the iPhone and oneplus quality. But I am interested to know if at least Mi A1 has better quality than say an iPhone se which is closer to its price segment.

If it did then I'm sure MI would be boasting about it in their specsheet.

Code:
Battery

3080mAh(typ) / 3000mAh(min)*

5V / 2A charging

Reversible USB Type-C

He somewhat resembles the animal you're referring to.

Edit: QC 2 port outputs 5v 3A. If phone really supports fast charging it would have charged faster with the Aukey.

If it did then I'm sure MI would be boasting about it in their specsheet.

Code:
Battery

3080mAh(typ) / 3000mAh(min)*

5V / 2A charging

Reversible USB Type-C

He somewhat resembles the animal you're referring to.

Edit: QC 2 port outputs 5v 3A. If phone really supports fast charging it would have charged faster with the Aukey.

Hmm, over the next 2-3 days, will check charging with QC vs normal and revert.

Hi, Can you please share how the device has fared so far?

One has to be clear what they want this phone for? If it is just outright performance, this is not the phone to buy.

But if you are interested in a branded, sleek, light, good design form factor with a DELICIOUS big screen , good camera , very decent battery life - get this.
I am switching to the Q6, from my Nexus 5.

Been using this for almost a fortnight now, am impressed with this device. One concern was the camera, but snaps on a recent weekend trip , prove otherwise.

The Q6 looks nothing like anything in the ~15K budget range and is decidedly more premium in looks and build quality.
I could really find nothing else that suits my current taste ; between this and the Samsung S8.

One has to be clear what they want this phone for? If it is just outright performance, this is not the phone to buy.

But if you are interested in a branded, sleek, light, good design form factor with a DELICIOUS big screen , good camera , very decent battery life - get this.

Been using this for almost a fortnight now, am impressed with this device. One concern was the camera, but snaps on a recent weekend trip , prove otherwise.

The Q6 looks nothing like anything in the ~15K budget range and is decidedly more premium in looks and build quality.
I could really find nothing else that suits my current taste ; between this and the Samsung S8.

How are the speakers? Can you hear the ringtone if you had placed the phone say in another room with the speakers facing the bed, does it muffle the sound?

LG Q6? Don't!!
It kills background processes faster than the redmi phones. Redmi Note 4 has better management than the Q6.

Search YouTube for MotoG5plus vs Q6 vs Redmi note4 performance video.

^^ Thanks for clarifying . However, that is not my experience. I just checked it out and the apps take off from where I left them last with zero lag.
I hope you haven't checked the "end background processes" in developer Settings.

@delhiboy1 , are u aware what processor q6 has? 15k for SD4XX processor is not a value proposition at all. There are lot more models with SD6XX processors and more battery too, why someone would or should choose q6 over them? Also entry level processor tend to get older (incapable with newer apps etc) much faster than other models.

Can you read English ? Thats the first disclaimer in my post.

:) read it later. Anyway my opinion wont change even after reading your 'that' post. And i really find surprising someone can shift from nexus 5 to this mobile just because of appearance. Still, if that makes you happy and content why should i care.

Btw unbeatable deal for mi max 2 for 13k has come up for new 32gb variant. Unbeatable would be understatement for it really. Cant ask more than that. Grab one if anyone needs it. It too good to be true.

Back