JUNE 2 : TRAI expecting response for broadband/mobile billing issues

mk76

Adept
Source

OP deposed before the TRAI yesterday, pointing out issues with the way billing is done and how Internet and mobile plans work. TRAI has now given time till this Friday (2nd June 2017) for anyone to send submissions. Anyone looking to to share your comments, can send them to: advfea1@trai.gov.in

For examples of issues that can be raised, some stuff which I pointed out yesterday:

• changes in bill plans / charges without consent
  • Advertising of the term "Unlimited" for broadband plans
  • Incorrect selling of plans by local agents
  • ISPs like MTNL inserting ads into connections, though it's not explicitly a part of the tariff plan.
  • Lack of disclosure of contention ratio (how many people compete to use the same advertised bandwidth)

I want to know why the South cities get higher speeds at very low prices whereas rest of India has high prices for same speeds.

Dunno what part of the south you mean, but bsnl in kerala is the worst isp in the history of isps. ridiculous plans, prices and fup limits and speed restrictions. Even their mobile service's only advantages are that it's pretty effing cheap voice calling (till jio came along) and has decent coverage. their 3g is ultra crap and if you have any issues then god help you, support is non existent.

Great, so Nikhil is doing, or is almost doing a John Oliver!

The main reason is lack of competition. And maybe redtape and corruption. I think this is @swatkats domain.

The reason South gets better speeds is mainly limited to Karnataka and AP - and that is because of competition.

Back