CPU/Mobo Just ordered Sandy Bridge

sidk47

Disciple
Hi guys,

I became really impatient and went ahead and ordered a Sandy Bridge mobo and proccy from SMC International.

I figure the problem is only with SATA II ports 2->6. And since I have only 1 hard drive and 1 CD-ROM drive, that I could just use the JMicron controller, or ports 1 and 2 of the Asus P8P67 PRO motherboard.

What's your opinion guys? Do you think I have done the right thing?

I couldn't bear the thought of waiting another 3 to 6 months before Bulldozer or Sandy Bridge's relaunch. So I just went ahead and bought it.

Hope to get your opinions,
Siddharth.

yea its all cool, good choice have fun. Most of us will join you once the corrected chipsets hit the market! For the moment will have to make do with my ps3!

Thank you guys,

Most of you may go for AMD Bulldozer as well. Thank you for your heart felt congos and sincere re-assurances. Yeah maybe in the future I'll RMA the board for a fixed one.

:)

Well guys,

All I can say is, I'll definitely be sharing my Sandy Bridge experience with all of you, maybe on a separate thread.

I'll gladly be the guinea pig, to help you all out with your decision in the future. XD.

Hopefully nothing will go wrong... :-?

That board has a total of 8 SATA ports, so you can safely use 4 of them. Since you are only using two at the moment it also leaves room for further expansion. You just have to avoid using the Intel 3 Gbps ports. You can use the 6 Gbps ports and the ports off the Jmicron controller

@ comp@ddict - I bet you by the time it becomes available in India, it'll at least be May. Most likely it will be June or July.

Any how, we'll see.

congrats for your buy......... i was also becoming really impatient as i was waiting since november to upgrade....... and now this........ wanted to play crysis2 and deadspace 2 at full details.......:( now have to w8 for 2 more months........

@ devesh38 - I think you could still buy Sandy Bridge and stay away from the blue colored SATA II ports, and everything should be fine. But as per the benchmarks, X58 seems to perform better than Sandy Bridge when it comes to clock for clock comparisons. I could be mistaken though.

Back