Karboon A15 4 inch wvga + 512 ram for 6K

The Indian manufactures (re branders to be specific) are bringing the android experience to reach more and more people with economical phones . Karboon a15 is the latest entry in the lowpriced android segment but offers a decent set of features .

Specs
OS Android ICS
Processor 1GHz Qualcomm MSM7627A
Ram 512 MB
4Gb internal storage
4inch WVGA screen 800×480 pixels

all these under Rs .6000

Wow, Huawei one seems to be too good for that price. Not to mention Huawei is much more reliable than Karbonn or Micromax. Hope they make it available in India.

i doubt it will be priced at 5700 , in india they will chjarge at least 8K for this

- - - Updated - - -

[FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Huawei is much more reliable than Karbonn or Micromax" i don't think so , but it has better brand image [/FONT]

I would suggest to stay away from these phones as they have a fairly good CPU but very poor GPU. A very good example of this is the A9+ which is selling for 7500 on HS18. Snapdragon S4 but Adreno 203! (According to wikipedia)

^^ I assume that this will be OK for a normal user who uses phone for non-games Apps. Will the slow GPU cause problems in any type of non-games Apps?

i am quite amused with the peoples expectations about mobiles under 8K , its not meant for Gamers , and to run high end games decently you have to spend at least 15 to 18K
for people want to use apps like whatsapp, instagram , gmail some apps like railway enquire, maps etc it will be ok, dont expect it to run nova 3d .

I would suggest to stay away from these phones as they have a fairly good CPU but very poor GPU. A very good example of this is the A9+ which is selling for 7500 on HS18. Snapdragon S4 but Adreno 203! (According to wikipedia)

Snapdragon S4 Play CPU and Adreno 203 GPU (HTC Desire X). It's a Snapdragon S4 Play, ARM Cortex A5 based dual core. Not Krait.

The GPU is as fast or faster than the Mali400 (Xperia U,P,Go,Sola) and Adreno 205 GPUs (HTC One V) in most cases (i know LOL). Don't underestimate it.

Snapdragon S4 Play CPU and Adreno 203 GPU (HTC Desire X). It's a Snapdragon S4 Play, ARM Cortex A5 based dual core. Not Krait.

The GPU is as fast or faster than the Mali400 (Xperia U,P,Go,Sola) and Adreno 205 GPUs (HTC One V) in most cases (i know LOL). Don't underestimate it.

Let me start off by saying that I read several user feedbacks of poor gaming on the A9+. And thought that the GPU was responsible for the same. So felt that it was a good CPU with a poor GPU.

An OT point, preetam, checked out the wikipedia page and there is no reference for the A9+ to have a S4, also on the qualcomm india site and there is no listing for the phones with a S4 inside.

i doubt it will be priced at 5700 , in india they will chjarge at least 8K for this

- - - Updated - - -

"Huawei is much more reliable than Karbonn or Micromax" i don't think so , but it has better brand image

Madhukannan, any reason you say Huawei is not reliable?
Afaik, I know scores of users of Huawei Ideos X5 who have been using the phone for 1-2 years without issues.

I do agree with your point on the market these phones are targeting. Its not hard core gamers. Its an entry point to smartphones. Most users just need the social networking apps to run.

Back