Karboon A15 4 inch wvga + 512 ram for 6K

I would suggest to stay away from these phones as they have a fairly good CPU but very poor GPU. A very good example of this is the A9+ which is selling for 7500 on HS18. Snapdragon S4 but Adreno 203! (According to wikipedia)

i have previously used karbonn a9+ and it plays HD games as well so the gpu is capable of handling them
few games which were not available for pantech burst were available on A9+ . Didnt bothered downloading them over wifi but played asphalt 7 or 6 [confused latest one] and it worked just fine

P.S. ordered a15 for 4425 from HS18 and the phone is rooted with members searching for CWM now on XDA

I have also ordered one for 4425 yesterday. Please do let me know how it is, when anyone gets them in hand.
I was not able to find one in any mobile shops in Pune to take a look at it personally.

How is the battery performance of these new low cost androids ?? I am thinking of switching from OSF to a phone with bigger screen . I use the phone only for mail,chatting and stuff

i have previously used karbonn a9+ and it plays HD games as well so the gpu is capable of handling them
few games which were not available for pantech burst were available on A9+ . Didnt bothered downloading them over wifi but played asphalt 7 or 6 [confused latest one] and it worked just fine

P.S. ordered a15 for 4425 from HS18 and the phone is rooted with members searching for CWM now on XDA

For Rs. 4425 the phone is stunning man! Wow. How's the SAR and battery on this? Thinking of gifting this to Mom instead of a Nokia Asha.

Let me start off by saying that I read several user feedbacks of poor gaming on the A9+. And thought that the GPU was responsible for the same. So felt that it was a good CPU with a poor GPU.

Mentioned that I was mistaken :ashamed:

- - - Updated - - -

For Rs. 4425 the phone is stunning man! Wow. How's the SAR and battery on this? Thinking of gifting this to Mom instead of a Nokia Asha.

Am doing the same. No idea on battery.

http://karbonnmobiles.com/karbonn-A15-proid-111.html

SAR Value -

SAR Value0.595 W/Kg

- - - Updated - - -

Had read earlier that S1's was not in the support list. So CM may not come to this device?

I got a SMS from HS18 that there will be a delay of 3-5 days. Has anyone else also got similar message? I ordered it on Sunday 9th Dec.

Got the phone today..

1st Impression Super VFM Phone nothing close to it even after adding 1.5K to Buy Price.

But RED color back cover is a put-off.

Bit laggy in menu loading, Display is OK, nothing vivid or bright but again cant expect IPS or S-AMOLED at 4.4k, Camera Quality - Avg.

Overall Superb phone for 4.4K price tag.

P.S : If anybody interested in Red back cover in xchange of Black then plz PM me..Location : Mumbai

^^ Mine has reached Pune but still not delivered to me :(
Whether octroi was collected from you? I think it is there in Mumbai like in Pune.

Got the phone today..

1st Impression Super VFM Phone nothing close to it even after adding 1.5K to Buy Price.

But RED color back cover is a put-off.

Bit laggy in menu loading, Display is OK, nothing vivid or bright but again cant expect IPS or S-AMOLED at 4.4k, Camera Quality - Avg.

Overall Superb phone for 4.4K price tag.

P.S : If anybody interested in Red back cover in xchange of Black then plz PM me..Location : Mumbai
hows the call quality , dose it get heated up during long duration calls ?

No Octroi was asked..I think HS18 mentions all taxes paid right?

I got mine today. In my case also no Octroi was asked :)
But does that mean they have paid Octroi on our behalf? Or have they avoided Octroi?

I too got red color model. My bill does not mention any S/N, IMEI or color. Should I contact HS18 to get that mentioned on the bill?

But does that mean they have paid Octroi on our behalf? Or have they avoided Octroi?

I too got red color model. My bill does not mention any S/N, IMEI or color. Should I contact HS18 to get that mentioned on the bill?

Same case here..I pasted the Sticker which has phone details on the bill, filled up the warranty card applied one sticker to it.

Will be asking HS18 for a proper bill.

- - - Updated - - -

madhukannan said:
hows the call quality , dose it get heated up during long duration calls ?

Call quality OK just like any normal phone...no heating issues normally but havent tested any long duration call yet.

Found a complete review here http://phonecloset.blogspot.in/2012/12/karbonn-a15-review.html

Submit a Ticket against your order number stating you didn't receive an original invoice.. they'll ask for your handset's IMEI numbers. Give those to them and they'll e-mail you an invoice and also courier a hard copy.

Back