Karnataka Elections 2018

bullshit!!
they showing those number by manipulating the formula, they use their own calculation to show higher number and not what was used for last 70-years :p
yeah ? what's this then

https://www.cmie.com/kommon/bin/sr.php?kall=warticle&dt=2018-04-18 17:37:00&msec=933

TO which i should add

[current account deficit is 2% and fiscal deficit 3.5%]

Yes they've changed the way the measure it, got to keep up with the times. Recommended by the UN a few years back. I remember reading a doc about this back in 2015

[DOUBLEPOST=1527029701]

[/DOUBLEPOST]https://swarajyamag.com/politics/between-bjp-and-majority-there-lay-internal-sabotage

• How did BJP come so far and yet fall short? The talk doing the rounds is that internal rifts snatched the majority away from the BJP.
An odd article, curious in that the same was being said abut Siddu that his own people were fighting him. BJP karnataka has infighting is no mystery, we've seen the effect last time around already. But see that was then, now is now and i was told all these rifts had been mended. The BJP was a united outfit this time.

NONE of what is mentioned in this article caught my attention to the run up. A fine grained analysis of where seats should have been won that weren't resulting in a crucial shortfall to reach a majority

Last edited:
i can't speak for k'taka coz i live in bombay, but i know for a fact my life was way better before 2014. so i'm not saying congress was better, but bjp 2014 is definitely the worst govt ever to pollute India
Yea.. this is exactly why I'm against this current "Anti- Common man" government.. For all these years years I've lived, it's just been the past few years I've started to feel poorer than the previous years. Till then me and my family's standard of living was steadily on a rise.. but not since Modi came into power. Now I'm forced to use my scooter and use car only when necessary. I'm desperately trying to cut down on my expenses. Impulsive shopping is now a thing of the past. Now I just spend money on the 'Bare Necessities' - as Baloo puts it.

Last edited:
@nimod
First sentence in the letter itself is the problem. 'turbulent political atmosphere...'

He is blaming the Gov for something he feels exists. If he feels he has the freedom to say this then others have their freedom to deny it.

Does 'Political Atmospheres' mean only the government?
We do have basic understanding of this term and you have tried to distort our understanding.

No one can deny others right to agree/disagree/denial.

I object to the dishonest attempts for appeal to emotions with a motive of instigating others to side with someone without letting them think objectively.

I strongly believe this strategy is harming the instigated ones and others in society. All are losing their critical abilities. this will result in total down fall of this society.

Birds of the same feather flock together, opposition allies or not.

PTI5_23_2018_000145B1-770x433.jpg

Good now offer the public more than just saying "don't vote for BJP".

Democrats did this in 2004 and Bush was re-elected ;)

Does 'Political Atmospheres' mean only the government?
We do have basic understanding of this term and you have tried to distort our understanding.

No one can deny others right to agree/disagree/denial.

I object to the dishonest attempts for appeal to emotions with a motive of instigating others to side with someone without letting them think objectively.

I strongly believe this strategy is harming the instigated ones and others in society. All are losing their critical abilities. this will result in total down fall of this society.
Watch this

Same points i mentioned earlier. They grilled him good about it. He's been doing the rounds on various channels. It's unusual to see such a public profile. But then in Karnataka we saw leaders patronising numerous mutts as well.

Come on of all the news outlet you had to link one of Arnab Goswami...:banghead::stinkyfeet:
To make a point. I don't care for him a whole lot.

Last Sat, Times now was still tweeting how BJP would make up numbers and certainly win. Yet some say the decision to quit was made by the high command on Fri. These guys didn't get that memo

This election reminds me of a football tournament where the best team (BJP) that should have won, lost, strict refereeing and the game went on to penalties. Everybody complains how unfair penalties can be.

Begs the question why Congress didn't win in Manipur & Goa but lost

Last edited:
Begs the question why Congress didn't win in Manipur & Goa but lost
I don't know about Goa but Congress lost in Manipur because of the high rate of corruption. You want to get something done? Pay bribe. You want something to speed up? Pay bribe. You want a govt job? Pay bribe. Bribes and corruption everywhere. Heck the ex-CM even dissolved the SIT (Special Investigation Team) which was set up by the court to investigate a relative.
The common people everywhere suffered. They thought BJP would bring in the change but turns out even they are also already involved in many of them now. Also Congress won most of the constituencies but couldn't get a clear majority. BJP had already bought off some MLA's. It is said that the MLA's came with a 30 crores rupees price tag and a ministerial berth.
Between two evils I would choose the lesser evil and that is the Congress for me. BJP is not only corrupt but a very dangerous political party.

I don't know about Goa but Congress lost in Manipur because of the high rate of corruption. You want to get something done? Pay bribe. You want something to speed up? Pay bribe. You want a govt job? Pay bribe. Bribes and corruption everywhere. Heck the ex-CM even dissolved the SIT (Special Investigation Team) which was set up by the court to investigate a relative.
Good, this means nobody wanted to be seen allying with Congress in Manipur

Maybe someone from Goa can fill in the details ?

The common people everywhere suffered. They thought BJP would bring in the change but turns out even they are also already involved in many of them now. Also Congress won most of the constituencies but couldn't get a clear majority. BJP had already bought off some MLA's. It is said that the MLA's came with a 30 crores rupees price tag and a ministerial berth.
Between two evils I would choose the lesser evil and that is the Congress for me. BJP is not only corrupt but a very dangerous political party.
Did BJP have to buy off MLA's in such an environment. It's apparent they wouldn't go with Congress to start with. So BJP stitched together a post poll alliance and staked a claim

You mean to tell me that Congress paid for JDS MLA's so they would ally. Nobody has said that. But a guaranteed CM post for coming third was too good an offer to refuse

What did BJP offer the parties in Manipur to join ? a deal with ministries i expect

In Karnataka out of 32 ministries, Congress keeps 22, the rest go to JDS. Done!

They've started campaigning. They want funds. Normal behaviour for any party wanting to contest elections

The Congress made an income of Rs. 225.36 crore during 2016-17, said a recent report by advocacy group Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR). The report compiled from income-tax returns filed by the party said it spent Rs. 100 crore more than what it earned in that financial year.

With declared income of over Rs. 1,034 crore, BJP is the richest among the seven national political parties in India, the report said.

How much stock to put into these figures...this from declared sources. undeclared will be higher but i guess the 4:1 ratio might still hold

Good, this means nobody wanted to be seen allying with Congress in Manipur
Well Congress was in turmoil from head to toe. But it's politics so you cannot be sure.
Did BJP have to buy off MLA's in such an environment. It's apparent they wouldn't go with Congress to start with. So BJP stitched together a post poll alliance and staked a claim
Congress actually had the bigger chance of forming the govt. But the corruption and especially the communal issue (this is very complicated btw) became their undoing. Those two things played the biggest roles. Congress people are a bunch of proud morons overflowing with ego and lots of cash and they didn't want to offer any big deal to the remaining MLA's. BJP offered ministerial berth+cash. You can't beat that offer in politics. As you already know it was reported that BJP also tried to do the same in Karnataka but it didn't work. And personally I think that they should be glad that they could carry it out otherwise it would've set such a bad precedent for the party.
You mean to tell me that Congress paid for JDS MLA's so they would ally. Nobody has said that. But a guaranteed CM post for coming third was too good an offer to refuse
I never said that. Congress would've been the biggest loser in Karnataka so they had to please the would-be allies. It was different in Manipur where they only needed a few MLA's unlike in Karnataka. My assumption is Congress in Manipur thought the remaining MLA's would agree to ally with them without much effort. Remember what I said about pride and ego.
That is all.

No surprises

https://www.thenewsminute.com/artic...floor-test-karnataka-even-bjp-walks-out-81900

Moving motion of confidence of the House, Kumaraswamy said, "Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister had said that he would not let any other party but the BJP form a government in Karnataka. Today, that has proven to be false. When a Prime Minister makes such statements, a fear arises, one which may affect democracy. Hence, certain steps needed too be taken."

"I met the Congress leaders and decided to align with them and form a government. The Opposition had, in the past claimed the Governors of different states had given the single largest party the opportunity to form the government. But look at Goa, there the BJP was not the single largest party and yet they were given the opportunity to form a government," Kumaraswamy argued.

Kumaraswamy further added, "The Leader of the Opposition had spoken as if we had locked up our MLAs, without letting them speak to their families. If you look at 2006, what had happened, those sitting on the other side had done the same thing to safeguard their MLAs. I had aligned with the BJP and had caused immense pain to my father. That pain has not left me. In order to save my party from collapsing, I had aligned with the BJP. "

Yeddyurappa then addressed the House: "Today he's saying my father did not like it (JD(s) alliance with BJP). That he is repenting today. But if that day, I hadn't tied up with him, touch your heart and tell me - where would you have been today?"he asked, adding,"From today, our fight is not against the Congress or any Congress leader. Our fight is against the corrupt father-and-son company."

Back