Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Norton

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Trend micro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Kaspersky has been in the news for all the wrong reasons recently.. Hacking, collecting sensitive data, leaking data, backdoors etc, But is it all really bad and isolated to Kaspersky, or is it being singled out? I recently switched over to bitdefender with all the news and honestly it is not at all up to Kaspersky standards. It is really frustrating, cumbersome and win 10 keeps recognizing it to be off even when everything is on. Restarted it, reinstalled it, still crappy.

I personally even today vote for Kaspersky

Pros:
Easy on system
Very customizable
Straight forward but boring UI(I can actually find setting option in it!!)
Exceptional detection, proactive defense and a very low false positives.
(bitdefender flags everything!!)

Guys needed your opinions on this. What do you prefer and why. I am switching back to kaspersky

Personally I like Kaspersky but occasional long scanning makes me impatient, I had it for a long time, I agree with Bitdefender flagging everything, I haven't tried TrendMicro in earnest, and Norton seems like the most appropriate for me, It all depends on personal preferences actually, and I dont think I found the one I could say its perfect.

Windows 10 Defender is more than enough for most folks. Have been using it for the last 3 years now and it works flawlessly. Infected pen drives etc. are all detected and cleaned.

Norton Internet Security (Norton Security Backup) is the best for me, using it from last 5 years. I'm part of the GO by @mk76 for 10 licenses and 3 years costed just ₹500, best detection and no fuss..

NOD32 if i were to but since 5 yrs not using any antivirus.
Defender is good but too interfering and baseless random drive scanning.

Windows defender is cumbersome and heavy. It's detection is sub-par compared to kis, Bitdefender or Norton. Honestly the best thing it is good for is windows malicious software thing. It's getting better but still not there.
ESET nod32 again has a sub-par detection rate with false positives. But very little system impact.
Norton is like a truck on system resources. It literally hogs the daylight out of system resources and increases startup time like crazy.
The worst on resources I found was the old McAfee.

And yrs down when we use to have norton it was like another OS in your primary os. Was that heavy even on a gaming pc.
Nod is very light.
Defender keeps doing randoms checks for no reasons and updates multiple times daily. Its heavy too.
Used to love Trend pccillin but it's not in news now.
Mcafee was good too.

If you are a casual pc user, then Windows Defender is the best. It's simple yet effective. I have utilized multiple antivirus software in the past but Windows Defender is still the most effective for me.

My personal experience with Windows Defender has not been good. I have found that it is heavy on the system, and uses a lot of system resources, and churns the hard drive a lot.

Back