Kenstar KSM55.WN1 1.5 Ton 5 Star Split Air Conditioner

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
this 5star super budget split ac is available at very tempting price of 26k in amazon.

hardly any review available about the performance of this AC, apart from handful of user reviews in amazon which is doubtful in authenticity.

im looking forward to get this , if anyone had any idea about its performance / review would be glad if shared.

thanks in advance.

I'm also interested in this. Wikipedia says that Kenstar is a subsidiary of Videocon. If that's the case then I fail to understand why Videocon AC's of similar specs are priced so much higher?

I was wondering same last month. No one actually I can trust knows how are those. Knowledgeable AC person says just check if it got whole copper condenser and from many question answers I think its not full but partly its Aluminium too which is impossible to repair in case of leakage.

Knowledgeable AC person says just check if it got whole copper condenser and from many question answers I think its not full but partly its Aluminium too which is impossible to repair in case of leakage.

this is too much technicalities for buying an ac, that too online.

I ordered one for a less oft used room
The other ACs in the house are a Hitachi , LG and Samsung 1.5 T which cost almost 60% more than this
Happy to report that the cooling is easily at par with the rest
The quality of the finish of the interior unit and remote is inferior to the others but does that really matter?

PS: The unit is manufactured by Videocon

PS2: I think the LG and Samsung also have a coated aluminium condenser (same as this one)

I ordered one for a less oft used room
The other ACs in the house are a Hitachi , LG and Samsung 1.5 T which cost almost 60% more than this
Happy to report that the cooling is easily at par with the rest
The quality of the finish of the interior unit and remote is inferior to the others but does that really matter?

PS: The unit is manufactured by Videocon

PS2: I think the LG and Samsung also have a coated aluminium condenser (same as this one)

Thanks for sharing your experience. For cost cutting they might have done average job for remote and interior.[DOUBLEPOST=1427906318][/DOUBLEPOST]https://www.bijlibachao.com/air-conditioners/air-conditioners-copper-coil-vs-aluminium-coil.html

One good article I found.

Last edited:
Back