Car & Bike Kinda Urgent: Suggest a Car

Keane 16

Skilled
So my family's looking to replace our now nearly 9 years old Honda City 1.5 Exi. The car will be driven in insane Delhi traffic, should have decent mileage, and be as reliable as a Honda car. Looking to spend around 7.5L on the replacement (preferably a Sedan), so please give me your suggestions!

Currently looking at:

1. New Honday City - seems like it'll cost nearly 9.5L onroad though.

2. Accent/Verna

3. VW Polo?

4. SX4?

Gonna take me a while to read all that, but thanks for the suggestions. Keep them coming.

Btw, it's going to be effing hard to get my parents to go for a used car - you know the usual stigma - "Used car? Never!".

city has cheap interiors + too much pricey and goes into the corolla segment. A t-bhp member's 1 day old car's handle(above the side window) came off embarrassing him in front ov his colleagues.

If you are in favor of diesels go for verna or fiesta.

Unlike tech stuff, I don't get to call the shots when it comes to cars. So no matter how hard I try, a used car is out of the question I think. As is a Fiat car.

Since the car is almost solely going to be used for city driving, I think getting a Diesel vehicle wouldn't make much sense. I think it's between the Verna, SX4, and the City.

But it has lesser space and comfort the the rest.

You could try the Ford fiesta diesel though. AFAIK its a pretty reliable car.

greenhorn said:
Hyundai i20?

I would second a i20 :p Awesome equipment list. Parking in Delhi is a pain as it is, i20 would be great. Second option is SX4, cheaper than city but better equipped. Of-course you dont get the awesome engine of the city...

for 7.5 lakh i wud suggest u to buy a fiesta ..

the petrol fiesta - ,its very good and the diesel fiesta as everyone knows is pretty reliable as well

so my suggestion wud be fiesta petrol/diesel and both are in ur budget

and the spares as hyped that ford spare parts are expensive , i dont think so

its almost equal for all brands these days

there are so many cars these days and all are equally good in their own unique ways

just get one which fits ur budget well and is liked by all in the family :p

ford claims that they are making their parts cheaper. But cheap spares are just half the battle, there is the small matter of jap reliablity :p

^ not a good choice innova in delhi traffic ,

AFAI can read op's mind u wud most prolly settle for a HOnda city , just get it man ,

simply awesome car

The Ford Fiesta is a good option, but we had a terrible experience with the Ford Ikon. So Ford is kinda blacklisted.

How do you guys rate the Skoda Fabia?

I'm not too much into Cars, but I pretty much like Chevrolet Cruze, you may consider Chevrolet Cruze LTZ, I think it is expensive than your current budget but it seems to be a very good car to me.

Back