koolmainak's iPad sale thread - item missing from consignment

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Went to DTDC office to collect the package . It was marked as 1.1kg but didnt weigh more than 200 grams so i got suspicious & asked dtdc guy to open the package in front of me .

The iPad was missing . Only earphone & data cable was there .I refused to take the package or sign for it .

Been trying your number since morning . It says the number is invalid / out of service .Please get back to me as soon as possible .

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

Re: Ipad 16gb Wi-Fi only

oh no no ! Faheem, did you make payment for the ipad or you were gonna make payment after the delivery ?

incase anyone knows koolmainak please report it here

Why did you use dtdc even after all the theft complaints against them :( they are not leaving even soaps and deos now forget about phones,ipad.

just to mention that the seller looked a lil dicey to me as he preferred to sell it to someone outside delhi when I was ready to buy it and pay in person at his mentioned price...

Everyone please don't come to conclusions until Ive had a word with the seller . I am trying his number . If i am unable to contact by tonight or tomorrow morning , there might be some big trouble ahead for me :(

I just hope the package was atleast insured :(. Ive already paid the full amount after speaking to the seller 2-3 times .

Oh, sad to hear, a long chase lies ahead Faheem. Since the weight declared is 1.1kg I guess its DTDC to be blamed here!!!!!!! Though this might not be the sellers fault at all, but I have made it a rule myself, never to pay before getting the product from new members. Have lost a few good deals but thats better than losing your entire money.

I hope he has declared the item with proper values and insured the consignment. Pretty depressing to hear this.

This is indeed sad news and if it is declared as 1.1 Kg then DTDC chor must have done this. A$$hole DTDC, kick their nuts.
Also i suggest all sellers and buyers to user reliable services like Overnite, Bluedart, TNT even if it costs little more. They are reliable enough. Never use DTDC even if they send it for free.

Spoke to the local DTDC guy who attempted delivery . He said the package was paid for insurance but is not sure of what value was declared :S .

Ive already told him that it can be tracked with GPS so that incase its been stolen at his office he would so some hesitation . But he said the sender should contact the booking office fot complaint/ insurance claim .

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

For everyone who MUST use DTDC (I use :( ) :

Use DTDC plus - they seal your package in a blue plastic pouch which is tamper proof. Ask them to put the package in the pouch in front of you. Also, since the Plus package has to be delivered next day - they have lesser time to tamper with your package.

Also, try to use a DTDC branch office instead of a small franchisee.

My two cents....

Spoke to Mainak . Got his alternate number from Amaresh . Informed him about the mishap . He was shocked to hear it as well . Saddest part is he told me there was no insurance done . :( Ive requested him to visit the franchise and try to sort this out . But don't have much hope :( Looks like it gone forever.

thatsashok said:
DTDC plus next day delivery is only for bluff. I got many items delivered late via plus service.
Yup, very true....Its the same service whether it be lite, plus or whatever they call to charge extra. Delivery time and service is almost similar.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

FaH33m said:
Spoke to Mainak . Got his alternate number from Amaresh . Informed him about the mishap . He was shocked to hear it as well . Saddest part is he told me there was no insurance done . :( Ive requested him to visit the franchise and try to sort this out . But don't have much hope :( Looks like it gone forever.
Something similar happened here, not too long ago, you know what to replace the stars with

http://www.******.com/forums/cheated-dtdc-blue-seller/42303.html

Seller was genuine, and chased the franchisee badly and got him to give back the phone or whatever it was

Sorry to hear that mate, you shouldn't have paid the whole amount, as sellers itrust was 0 at the time of sale.

Back