KYC for digital wallets - Whats your status?

Did for all wallets using PAN only.
Linking any other document other than Aadhaar is an Great idea! Btw, I am skeptical that these companies sometime in future might use the PAN card number and provide offers according to CIBIL score.

Is an OTP required for granting access to PAN data??

Freecharge.. http://support.freecharge.in/support/solutions/articles/4000118272-change-in-product-feature

Capture.PNG

Banks just need tthe PAN number.
Not this, you see, if they have your PAN no... They can pull your credit history. I'm asking if any OTP is required at all.

My Paytm account showing a warning in passbook area and asks for KYC but don't know when my Account will be suspended in case if i don't provide KYC.. Phone Pe wallet asking for KYC ,mentioning i won't be able to use after Feb 26 if i don't provide KYC..
May be there is some deadline for each wallet.. As mentioned Freecharge so far hasn't asked for any..

If you havent noticed FreeCharge is asking since December 17.
If not in app try web and it will popup after login @ right side.

Linking any other document other than Aadhaar is an Great idea! Btw, I am skeptical that these companies sometime in future might use the PAN card number and provide offers according to CIBIL score.

Is an OTP required for granting access to PAN data??

I dont know, unless there is a data protection act, all of the safeguards are useless.

PAN data, to my knowledge does not require any OTP for them to get access.

Dont yet prefer same.. and will never do it..
Sending your legal documents to some XYZ !!!

Better happy using those for buying CRAP on stores under limit.. and happy with same..
But still these wallets sell informations !

((TRY IT WITH A NEW NUMBER!!! TEST IT))

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipkart asking for PAN card.

Compliance with Laws:

1. As required by applicable law, if the Customer makes a purchase of an amount equal to or above INR 2,00,000, the Customer will be required to upload a scanned copy of his/her PAN card on the Platform, within 4 days of making the purchase, failing which, the purchase made by the Customer will be cancelled. The requirement to submit the PAN card arises only once and if it has been submitted once by the Customer, it need not be submitted again. The order of the Customer shall stand cancelled if there is a discrepancy between the name of the Customer and the name on the PAN Card.

rsf6ybk.jpg

The PayTM KYC person turned up at my house without any prior call. So stupid of him. God knows what he was thinking.

Dumb, moronic, and stupid. All this is killing the value of the application. As usual what happens in India. Throw a spanner in the goodness, and ruin it for life.

The PayTM KYC person turned up at my house without any prior call. So stupid of him. God knows what he was thinking.

Dumb, moronic, and stupid. All this is killing the value of the application. As usual what happens in India. Throw a spanner in the goodness, and ruin it for life.
KYC person attended me at 1pm, when i scheduled it for 2pm. Apparently the guy was helpful and we did Kyc for all the accounts.

He suggested to go for Aadhar based authentication rather than Voter ID or pan Card because its flawless.

I completed KYC with Paytm in early 2016, Now theyre asking to do it again :| Looks like they want so of that Aadhar surveillance juice.[DOUBLEPOST=1520585659][/DOUBLEPOST]
KYC person attended me at 1pm, when i scheduled it for 2pm. Apparently the guy was helpful and we did Kyc for all the accounts.

He suggested to go for Aadhar based authentication rather than Voter ID or pan Card because its flawless.
DOnt link Aadhaar. Unless you want Mudi ji to know everytime you use Paytm.

I'm using my voter ID card, driver's license, etc. for KYC. The PayTM guys called me and said they'll be sending someone over with a fingerprint scanner, when I told them that I haven't used a Aadhar card but a Voter's ID for KYC, they said their executive will come and conduct a "face scan". What total BS.

So anyway, the PayTM guy shows up at my house on Sunday, lo behold, with a fingerprint scanner. When I told him that I've done the KYC with a Voter ID card, he was like you should've told me before, blah blah. What an ass. He said you'll have to fill out a form and the whole process will take 2 hours. When I questioned him what the process was and how it'll take two hours, he reduced it to half an hour to one hour. Again, total BS.

I hate how these companies are trying to make us divulge our aadhar card details by making every other process tougher just because a megalomaniac wants to keep a tab on every thing we do.

I have a question though, is the Aadhar card mandatory to open a new account? I haven't linked any of my old accounts with an Aadhar and I have to open a new account.

Back