Budget 31-40k laptop for browsing and movie watching

I do not have any experience with ACer laptops too. Actually these models are being offered at a good price (from my perspective). They are also offering 10K for my old laptop in exchange.

I recently got the E5-572G for a relative, it's an overall good machine for the price if you know the limitations and you are fine with it.

1. It's not user upgradable, you cannot even open it yourself without voiding the warranty.
2. There is no DVD drive in that laptop, and you cannot fit any caddy/SSD in there. It just has a plastic thing there as a placeholder.
3. No AC wifi, it's heavy and it's a finger print magnet, you always need to have a cloth nearby if you want it clean :)

Now, if you are okay with not updating any hardware and not putting in an SSD in there ( which I really recommend for any laptop these days ), then you are good with it. There is another advantage, the extended warranty is only Rs 820 online for an extra 2 years, and includes accidental warranty for the first year, which is a really good deal in my opinion.

Also, I would advise you to look into Chromebooks or Small 2-in-1 laptops for your purpose. The model you have listed are both around 2.5kg and feels heavy and clunky, especially if you plan to use it late night in bed etc :)

Cheers!

I plan to use my current SSD in the laptop.

But I'd like some 15 inch ones for watching movies.

You dont need i5, i7s for watching movies and browsing.

Get this latest 6th generation Intel Core i3 6100u laptop, its a steel (21,500 after SBI discount) -

https://www.flipkart.com/acer-es-15...ebook/p/itmene9hhk8wa5za?pid=COMENE9HNBXR3SN6

I even play games on it, I can max my old games on it. It runs Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Test Drive Unlimited, Call of Duty Black Ops etc full max details at native screen resolution.

I am also using SSD in this laptop, I have removed internal HDD, you can keep both if you don't need DVD drive. I have external HDDs for movies storage.

Get a Corsair DDR3L 4GB RAM from Amazon, Rs. 1620

This laptop is upgrade friendly, 2 screws on back cover to remove RAM+HDD compartment. Its a 2 minute job, i installed extra RAM and SDD within 10 minutes of unboxing laptop.

^ how is the display? From review I was reading that brightness and contrast is low

Its very bright, 'LED' backlit. It's brighter than my Benq T2200HD 22" desktop monitor.

Overkill for me, I prefer to surf Internet at 25% brightness max 50. Only games/movies at 100.

Its slightly on cooler side, whereas my BenQ is warmer. There is a bundled Acer Utility which I use, it turns monitor greenish/yellowish and less bluish/white, pleasing on eyes no eye strain.

Think about this, you can save so much money with this laptop that you can even buy full fledged extra 22" monitor for movies purpose.

Anybody used Fujitsu lifebooks? I heard their build quality is better!

https://www.flipkart.com/fujitsu-li...-gb-hdd-dos-a555-notebook/p/itmeg4zsmgqadmma?

I ordered this laptop before buying Acer, price fluctuates from 20k to 25k, I bought it @ 20k from Shopclues, later cancelled it.

Few cons -
5th gen i3 2.0GHz vs 6th gen i3 2.3GHz in Acer
Intel HD 5500 vs Intel HD 520 integrated graphics
3.1cm vs 2.4cm thickness

Pros -
8GB RAM vs 4GB RAM
3xUSB 3.0 vs 1xUSB 3.0

Fujitsu's after sales service doubts forced me to cancel this laptop. Acer warranty is extendable to 3 years @ Rs. 600~

@tech.addict Fujitsu warranty is next to nothing, it's hard even to get a replaceable battery. I had purchased 2 in the past for friends. They provide best of the hardware in the price but warranty/service is not available.

Get a laptop with a FHD IPS display as it is going to make the biggest difference. There are some 2 in 1 laptops with those in your price range. I'd also suggest at least 8gb ram.

Back