Budget 31-40k Laptop for Everyday Use

Pernicious

Disciple
Hi guys,
want to buy a new laptop. Will be used mainly for browsing the net and other normal routine office use. Storage space 500 GB or above, this seems to be the norm these days. Ram I think 4 GB is less for these days. basically want to buy a laptop which will last good for next 4-5 years. Display should be good, not that must be full HD.

This laptop will replace a 7-8 year old HP laptop which has 4 GB Ram and Intel processor. I don't know which brand is good these days, Dell HP Lenovo or Asus.
Also, will buying online get warranty? Budget, not over 50K. Don't want to over spend also, as the use is pretty restricted. Would really love a laptop which is not very heavy.

• What's your Budget? : >30K, not more than 50K.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? web surfing + office apps
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between): SOMETHING IN BETWEEN. Not heavy, no need for macbook air type portability.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell) No Idea which brand is reliable these days. Used HP and Apple. HP has problems with battery/adapter everything else is fine. Not sure about others. Want a brand with good build quality, of course not like apples but something along the same lines.
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) 4-5 hour battery life around, Should last for 4-5 years. Would prefer DOS OS as do not want Windows 8. Prefer 7.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys,
want to buy a new laptop. Will be used mainly for browsing the net and other normal routine office use. Storage space 500 GB or above, this seems to be the norm these days. Ram I think 4 GB is less for these days. basically want to buy a laptop which will last good for next 4-5 years. Display should be good, not that must be full HD.

This laptop will replace a 7-8 year old HP laptop which has 4 GB Ram and Intel processor. I don't know which brand is good these days, Dell HP Lenovo or Asus.
Also, will buying online get warranty? Budget, not over 50K. Don't want to over spend also, as the use is pretty restricted. Would really love a laptop which is not very heavy.

Thanks
Fill the questionairre

If its just gonna be for web surfing and office suite usage, why don't you get a PQC with 4GB and a 15 inch screen? Like one from the Dell Inspiron series? Should be less than 18-20K and should get the job done. Add a 120GB SSD to that and you will have blazing fast speeds for your usage.

not sure if it will last good for 4-5 years. also, currently the hp is core to due 2 ghz. so PQC would be worse than that I guess. Should easily run flash without hiccups and be quite fast with web surfing with lot of images, like pintrest. Would also prefer something which looks good as well and has good battery life.

You can easily get 4th gen Core i3 under 30k mark. Save money now and buy SSD couple of years down the line. You will be good for 5 years.

Do you guys advise buying laptopns from ebay which are imported from Thailand? Anyone having experiece? Liking a HP/Lenovo?dell one. Any idea about international warranty? thanks

I think importing laptop for given usage and budget would be futile. Asus generally gives international warranty.

These are the few laptops which I would like to suggest you as these laptops have good configuration and they are also in your budget.
1. HP 14-ac108tu

• Processor: 2GHz Core i3 5005U (5th gen)
  • RAM: 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • Hard Disk: 1TB -5400 RPM Hard Disk
  • Display: 14 inch 1366 x 768 Pixels display
  • Graphics card: HD 5500
  • Weight: 1.94kg
2. Acer Aspire E5-573

• Processor: 2.7GHz Core i5 5210U (5th gen)
  • Hard Disk: 500GB -5400 RPM Hard Disk
  • Display: 15.6 inch 1366 x 768 Pixels display
  • Weight: 2.4kg
3. Acer Aspire E5-573-587Q

• Processor: 2.7GHz Core i5 M4210U (4th gen)
  • Graphics card: HD 4400
  • Weight: 2.4kg
4. Acer One 14 Z1402-394D.

• Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i3 5005u(5th gen)
  • Hard Disk: 500GB -5400 RPM Hard Disk
  • Display: 14 inch 1366 x 768 Pixels display
5. HP Pavillion ac125tu

• Processor: 2.1GHz Core i3 5010U (5th gen)
  • Weight: 2.19kg

Choose the best option from this or else you can find for other brands. But these list is considering your budget and requirements.

Hey guys,

Finally I think Ill get this: http://hpshopping.in/HP_15-ac026TX_Laptop
Available on Snapdeal for around 38K: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hp-15ac026tx-notebook-m9v02pa-5th/666924754050

Only confusion: It has discrete 2 gb graphics card. my current hp laptop also has 1 gb nvidia discrete graphics and now their is graphics problem in it so when i took it to some repair centers (not hp, but very good) they told me if you dont game always buy on board or intel hd graphics lappys as the ones with discrete graphics always has more problems in the long run as compared to on board. When I looked for some intel graphics lappy i found very few core i5 ones but they are expensive than this above laptop and has same specification. So basically its like they are removing a part and charging extra, and it does not make sense to do it? Please advise.

Also, how about warranty if I buy from SD anyone has any experience?

Back