Budget 31-40k Laptop for general home usage

What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)
40K max

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
Just for normal home usage.. web surfing, watching videos/movies, listening to audios, office, etc. Nothing heavy.

What size and weight considerations do you have?
Nothing as such. Weight is not an issue. Screen size should be decent enough... not too small.

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
Not interested in Dell, because their hardware quality seems to be bad. Personal experience with one old Dell laptop that I have at home. Don't know about the present situation though.
=================================================================

A friend of mine wants to buy this laptop, and I am posting on behalf of her, since she does not have much technical knowledge. As said above, laptop needs to be for general home usage.

But, since she will be spending 40K on it, I would like a laptop with decent enough configuration, which should last for 5 or more years. So, a good latest processor with enough RAM, hard disk with enough size... maybe 500GB or 1 TB (preferably) or more, is desirable. Also, hardware quality should be good too.

If anyone knows of sites where I can compare different laptops in a given price range, that would be good too. But, counting more on helpful advices here, since I don't have much idea about laptops. I prefer desktops personally.

Thanks in advance :).

Thank you for the links :).

Will really appreciate more replies for suggestions about laptops.

Which are the best brands... I guess Asus, HP, Lenovo and Samsung?

As I said in my post, hardware quality of Dell does not seem to be good... plus I read some really bad posts about it in the service feedback sticky thread.

Sony laptops seem to be overpriced, and therefore, not interested in that too.

HP laptops seem to be quite good in terms of quality. My cousin and his friend both have HP laptops which have been serving them well since many years.

Have heard good things about Asus too.

Have to narrow things down, because I took a look at the above sites, and there are a lot of laptops to look at in the given price range... can't go through them all, will be too confusing.

Will appreciate any help I can get.

Back