Budget 31-40k Laptop for the next 7 years

colours are weird = they look either too saturated or too muted, not able to find a natural setting
contrast is weird = either missing the details in the blacks, or the picture is too bright or the blacks start showing up noise

Installed cod2 and ran it at native resolution with everything other than aa maxed out and ran smoothly. Had to reduce it to 1024*768 because the wide-screen fov felt weird to me. Honestly this is good enough.

I am ok with the PPI count on this, but the colours and contrast are shitty compared to my old inspiron. even the acer aspire v3 reviews mentioned something similar. I would have bought the aspire if this particular laptop was not available with the discounted extended warranty, but generally i have been a fan of dell and their service, so i was looking mostly at dell machines

Guys, please, try not to go for regular/TN panels. At least not in this day and age when Full HD is almost the norm now. Even the one I suggested was FHD, supported 4K . Along with a 7th gen Core i7.

The reason why MSI laptops are meant for gaming is because they have separate cooling solutions for CPU as well as GPU, along with a Cooler Boost function that you can enable during heavy use/gaming. They don't just lump in discrete graphics with no optimization.

Also note, Acer/Asus laptops do come with IPS panels, but they're not meant for heavy gaming either as they have lower refresh rates. If you want to go beyond your usual 30-60 FPS, pay closer attention to the panel technology before buying.

I realized that all these colour issues are due to an extremely narrow viewing angle, and realized this has a TN panel.
Dammit
Hopefully the IPS FHD panels will be available for reasonable prices on ebay soon :)

Back