Laptop Keyboard cable retainer cable broken

Nolasco

Disciple
I have a Lenovo B5070 whose keyboard wasnt working properly. While replacing it, I used too much pressure pulling out the keyboard cable and the tiny retainer clip broke off. I've tried sticking it with tape but it doesn't seem to work. Any recommended place at Lamington Road I can take it to have it done by someone experienced?

The connector needs to be replaced and soldered with a replacement part. You can walk in several available chip repair centers@ lamington.
If somebody has any specific shop suggestions based on experiences he will recommend one.

Since the retainer clip is broken, I would suggest to first check if something else got broken by keeping it pressed. If the keyboard works, use hot glue.

Since the retainer clip is broken, I would suggest to first check if something else got broken by keeping it pressed. If the keyboard works, use hot glue.

Yes, just the retainer clip is broken. Some keys work while others do not but that could be an issue with the replacement keyboard as well. Any suggestions of places you have tried where I can get it done by someone familiar with the procedure? Dont want to mess it up further!

There is no mess up unless you break something else as well.

If any set of keys are not working, as a test, ensure all the wires are making contact and use the retainer clip to keep in place, temporarily. Don't apply too much pressure.

If you could post a photo - it might help. I would say that most companies will ask to change the mobo officially.

Gave it to Ruchi infotech in Andheri. They quoted 750 for a new clip (I suppose they will probably take one off a spare board they have lying around). Expnesive for something that probably doesnt even cost 10rs but didnt have a choice!

Its normal. Its laptop so they charge insane rates as they know people wont put their hands inside laptops unlike desktops. Its just hyped thing, even for a minor issue they will explain and make you afraid as if they are repair some rog laptop.

In your case its actually just a 100bucks job. I thought you will be good in 350 or so. 750 is a loot.

Its normal. Its laptop so they charge insane rates as they know people wont put their hands inside laptops unlike desktops. Its just hyped thing, even for a minor issue they will explain and make you afraid as if they are repair some rog laptop.

In your case its actually just a 100bucks job. I thought you will be good in 350 or so. 750 is a loot.

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, they werent willing to come down on their quote. Collected it yesterday and its working fine. Lesson learnt the hard way. Need to be more careful next time! :)

Back