Laptops laptop motherboard is gone, what to do ??

moggab

Disciple
Hello Everybody,
I have an 4 yr. old, Acer Aspire 4930 laptop, which stopped powering on some time back.
I gave it for repair to etechies.in for which they charged 1360/- , now they are saying that my motherboard is fried and i need to replace it for which they are quoting me 9500/- . and a 1 month warranty on the new motherboard.
Now I am a little confused.
1) Is this amount justified for a new motherboard ?
2) Is this warranty justified for a new motherboard ?
3) Do I have any other options ??
4) How will I confirm that they have actually changed the motherboard with new one and are not giving me a refurbished one ??

Pls help me guys, its a little urgent.

1) No. Why? Because you won't even get 15k if you try to sell the laptop after getting it repaired.

2) Nooooo.

3) Find anything cheaper, may be something 2nd hand.

4) Check serial no.

Are there any new laptop available for 15k which could be useful for web surfing and a little bit of age of empires gaming ??

Hey Mogagab, Considering your Motherboard failure thread and the recent one check out this asus netbook ... at around 12k (2000 discount on the mentioned price) this should be more than sufficient for your web browsing / downloading needs.... you get a brand new system with a year's warranty at the minimum...

Asus 1015CX-BLK011W (Intel Atom - 1GB - 320 GB - 10'') Laptop . Buy Best Asus 1015CX-BLK011W (Intel Atom - 1GB - 320 GB - 10'') Laptop at Lowest Price Online

I'm not sure how much processing power that game that you play needs but if you're looking to buy Toshiba Satellite C850 - P5010 then it's a bit cheaper here than what you're buying at currently....

Toshiba Satellite C850 - P5010 (Intel Pentium Dual Core B950 - 2GB - 320GB - DOS - 15.6 Inch) Laptop . Buy Best Toshiba Satellite C850 - P5010 (Intel Pentium Dual Core B950 - 2GB - 320GB - DOS - 15.6 Inch) Laptop at Lowest Price Online

I'd suggest you to spend as less money as possible that will full fill your needs.... spending much more over what you need is a big loss making proposition since the value on your new gadget would depriciate by 60-70 % within the first 6 months of usage....

The homeshop18 link you have given is showing price as 22k approx and on flipkart its available as 21k... is there any coupon which i can use on homeshop link to get it cheaper ??

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.. Keep them coming :)

Hey Jugga, In case you have any experience with , can you please comment on how would you rate the after sales support and the tech support for all the above three i'e. Samsung/Toshiba/Asus .. Thanks...

Hey Jugga, In case you have any experience with , can you please comment on how would you rate the after sales support and the tech support for all the above three i'e. Samsung/Toshiba/Asus .. Thanks...

Due to low market share of Samsung/Toshiba in laptop arena, its very hard to tell about them. Asus is fine as long as you don't deal with Rashi. Neoteric Informatique Ltd. handles service. Its pretty OK, not much of feedback though. (no personal experience)

Back