Laptop or iPad + Logitech Keyboard

it doesn't make sense why you would want to spend a bombshell on a new ipad just for zoom classes from my perspective when you seem to have a functioning-ish laptop and it does feel like a waste unless you want to treat your child to an Ipad (and for kids below 5th STD, they almost need nothing other than a good display, a proper webcam,headphones with a mic, they just write down their notes). I have no idea what your financial situation is but imo, just buy a BT Keyboard and connect it to the laptop :p

Yes I am inching away from the combo as I don't see much use myself. Also I have no intention of handing an iPad to my kid. I already do have an Amazon Fire HD10 which works pretty well and can do zoom classes if It was needed.
Also I am a conservative spender so I would never impulse buy something this expensive. This is coming from someone who is using iphone bought back in 2015 and intends to still use for another year.

I am looking for bluetooth keyboards right now but 90% are only keyboard without track pad. I would like to have one with touchpad as I have another laptop which doesn't have screen and whenever I want to use it, I would connect it to TV using HDMI. I would love to use this machine from far using a wireless keyboard.

Yes I am inching away from the combo as I don't see much use myself. Also I have no intention of handing an iPad to my kid. I already do have an Amazon Fire HD10 which works pretty well and can do zoom classes if It was needed.
Also I am a conservative spender so I would never impulse buy something this expensive. This is coming from someone who is using iphone bought back in 2015 and intends to still use for another year.

I am looking for bluetooth keyboards right now but 90% are only keyboard without track pad. I would like to have one with touchpad as I have another laptop which doesn't have screen and whenever I want to use it, I would connect it to TV using HDMI. I would love to use this machine from far using a wireless keyboard.
Wouldn't something like a logitech k220 with mouse combo be better? I'm using that myself and i find it's pretty good without having to take 2 usb ports.

The ipad pro cellular + Apple keyboard makes for a near perfect laptop replacement as long as the use case is browsing/ content & media consumption.
I got the combo as a present (and i doubt I personally would have been able to justify the premium, especially of the keyboard)

But guess what - it has practically reduced my home laptop usage by 90% +
And that’s the only device I carry on me when travelling (or when we used to travel, sigh!)

A separate BT keyboard or a reg iPad wouldn’t have been able to achieve that.
And I’m a traditional user who could never understand how people can use a phone or a tablet as a valid desktop replacement!

Having said that, you should assess your use case first - iPad pro + the keyboard folio is overkill for a kid to use zoom.
If however you do intend to put it to mixed usage and as a travel device then it is probably worth the premium as it will comfortably last longer than most laptops

Last edited:
Back