PC Peripherals Laptop RAM advice urgently needed

One of my colleagues has a Compaq Presario v3000 with 512 MB ram and has recently upgraded the OS to Windows 7. Needless to say, the system crawls during multi-tasking. Advised him upgrade the RAM and I find that I have suddenly become the resident senior techie:ashamed: and have to accompany him on a visit to buy or order online.

I ran a test in crucial.com to see what RAM this laptop is currently having and these are the results "DDR PC2 - 5200" and an another empty slot. Also a message came saying that each slot can hold DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum memory of 2 GB per slot.

What to buy? Will DDR2 work in place of DDR? Can anyone provide some helpful links or point out a good shop in Bangalore? Help really appreciated.

I guess the V3000 has intel dual core proccy. Its DDRII RAM only. Just for double checking post a CPU-Z screenshot here.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PC2-5300 is DDR2 667MHz. There is no DDR RAM at these speeds IINM.

Am in office and don't have the laptop with me. But here is the screenshot which was taken yesterday night. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• crucial.JPG
    crucial.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 68
So that means DDR2 Ram can be used for this laptop, right? If so, what is the upper limit [I take it that 2 sticks of 1GB RAM should do] and the OS is 32 bit. Are there any specific limitations I should consider before going in for a DDR2 RAM or anything would do?

Back