PC Peripherals laptop restarting

becks

Disciple
okay i have a toshiba laptop anf it starts and the wiendows signs come sup and it shuts down and restarts again? can any1 help me out please?

go to bios and chk temps... then wait in bios for 5-10mins.. if the lappy restarts then its a hardware problem.. if not then its mostly sumthin to do with windows.

do tht then report back here.

ope i ve got some work on it and didnt wanna do that, could it be athing else like over heating or sumthing?

Not necessarily so... Have you tried booting in safe mode?? Press F8 during booting and choose safe mode..and then report back if u can get to the desktop..

if its windows problem due to newly installed drivers, press f8 and in the menu thats displayed. select "Last known Configuration that worked well " or similar option and see ...

install another copy of windows , backup all the data u need to some portable device, then format the entire system using the discs provided by toshiba

okay when it starts black screen with writing comes up,whtever u pick it runs for ten secs and turns f and restarts again and does the same thing over again.

Some boot files are corrupt i think..

u have a linux live cd handy???
try one and see if the prob persists...then u can back up ur data and format...
i dont think this is a hardware problem,, seems more like windows acting up..

i dont have much knowledge about computers prob general stuff, so im so confused.Also when i did the f8 thingy for safe mode it does the same thing and restarts.The thing is i have lots of work on there which i really need.

Back